2012 mustang gt idle problem

jason6588

Aug 11, 2011
Hey guys! I've had my 2012 gt for 4 or 5 months now. I had sct's tune and a jlt intake. I read a bunch of stuff on the internet about ford voiding warranty's, #8 pistons and on and on. I removed the tune 2 weeks ago after a few months of having it. I had 0 issues with the tune, I want to be upfront about that, I just didn't want to risk popping a piston or something. Since removing the tune I have driven to denver and back, so the ECU should have relearned the car a long time ago.

Yesterday I swung by the place to pick up the girlfriend on lunch break. when I restarted it had a rough idle, the ac almost killed it, and when i popped the hood i smelled gas. I didn't see anything but it sounded different, like a misfire. I turned it off and turned it back on. It idled like a champ, Ac worked great. Drove to lunch and back and I've had no problems since.

question 1). Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Could it be heat related? I live in dallas.
2). When you return a vehicle to stock the stock calibration should be in control, right?
3). Should I take it to the dealer for service?

4). The cars first oil change happened in colorado 1 week ago. Could it be related?

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like some kind of contaminant got on the MAF sensor and has since fixed itself. I have seen this many times, especially with after market CAI's. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again and/or the check engine lamp comes on.