2013 Build Time

Looking for some advice, i ordered my 2013 on April 27th and still have nothing. Purchased it from my local dealer and was supposed to have it in 4 - 6 weeks. I'm still waiting and was told it will still be 2 weeks yet. Do i have any leverage to get them to speed it up some how or throw some money off. Kind of POed.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You might be able to get them to throw something in. Mustangs are hard to find right now. At least in my erea.

I would go and talk to them and see how it goes. I think the nice approach at first might be a good idea.

Looking for some advice, i ordered my 2013 on April 27th and still have nothing. Purchased it from my local dealer and was supposed to have it in 4 - 6 weeks. I'm still waiting and was told it will still be 2 weeks yet. Do i have any leverage to get them to speed it up some how or throw some money off. Kind of POed.

thanks

April?? Wow!

Mine was ordered on June 6th. Did you get a copy of your orginial order sheet. Mine was actually ordered two days after I was at the dealers. Maybe they didn't put yours in right away.

My Time line...
June 6th Order Placed (week 0)
July 17th Vin number created (week 6)
July 25th Window Sticker created (week 7)
Aug 1st Tomorrow :):):):):):) Car to be built (week 8)
Shipping - To be determined.

Have you called Ford Customer Service? Do you have your Vin number, Windows Sticker? Anything?

Peter S.

Looking for some advice, i ordered my 2013 on April 27th and still have nothing. Purchased it from my local dealer and was supposed to have it in 4 - 6 weeks. I'm still waiting and was told it will still be 2 weeks yet. Do i have any leverage to get them to speed it up some how or throw some money off. Kind of POed...

You might be able to get them to throw something in. Mustangs are hard to find right now...I would go and talk to them and see how it goes. I think the nice approach at first might be a good idea.

April?? Wow! Mine was ordered on June 6th. Did you get a copy of your orginial order sheet. Mine was actually ordered two days after I was at the dealers. Maybe they didn't put yours in right away.
My Time line...
Aug 1st Tomorrow
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png
clip_image001.png
Car to be built (week 8)
Have you called Ford Customer Service? Do you have your Vin number, Windows Sticker? Anything?
Peter S.

Hey guys -

Congrats on placing an order, godfather55v! :) Waiting is always the most difficult part. Please PM me your VIN (or order number and dealer info) and I'll be happy to check your Mustang's status. Turbo810 gives great advice! Your dealer may not be able to speed up the delivery of your vehicle, but you can discuss anything with them. Thanks for the shout-out, spirockp! Remember that production times may vary from order to order.

If you all haven't claimed your Mustang badge, please show off your owner's status now: http://social.ford.com/grab-a-badge/mustang/yes/.

All the best,

Thomas

I ordered my 2013 GT500 the first week in April, 2012. It has been four months now and is still in process at Ford.
I expect to see it arrive in December 2012. Why such a long wait?

The dealer gets aloted spots on the line. If they don't have a big enough spot their alotment has to wait. If you ordered from a small dealer this is most likely what is happening. Not to mention they are only making 1500 or so GT500's this year.

I would go talk to your salesman.

My 2012 took a little longer than expected, but I was deployed so it didn't really matter. I ordered it in mid-June and it didn't come in until the end of September. That's just the way it goes I guess!

Reactions: 1 user
My Time line...
Aug 1st Tomorrow :):):):):):) Car to be built (week 8)

Well mine was built on Aug 1st. As per Thomas from Customer Service the estimated delivery date was Aug 12th. The dealer is stating the 18th. Either way at least I know it does exist, I just now have to wait for it to be delivered.

For anyone still waiting on a car in progress, there's a series of issues at the plant/shipping yard. Not going to recreate it all here, just linking to my thread on Team Shelby, to share what I've been able to learn over the past week or so. Be forewarned--there's no SOLUTIONS there, just some of the info I've gathered.

Best advice I can give: Use your dealer to try to get things moving (still working that channel, but have determined that Customer Service can't make anything change, they can just provide you status). Use SVT (or Ford Cust Svc, if not ordering a Shelby or Boss) to check status, if you have reason to think your dealer might not be giving you the straight scoop (mine's been great).

For anyone still waiting on a car in progress, there's a series of issues at the plant/shipping yard. Not going to recreate it all here, just linking to my thread on Team Shelby, to share what I've been able to learn over the past week or so. Be forewarned--there's no SOLUTIONS there, just some of the info I've gathered.

Best advice I can give: Use your dealer to try to get things moving (still working that channel, but have determined that Customer Service can't make anything change, they can just provide you status). Use SVT (or Ford Cust Svc, if not ordering a Shelby or Boss) to check status, if you have reason to think your dealer might not be giving you the straight scoop (mine's been great).

thanks, that's a interesting read, I can completely relate!!