2013 Ford Mustang GT Navigation Sreen haze clouding issue,

xkairos_hxc

Aug 30, 2018
Virginia
As states in the title, there is a haze, or film over my navigation screen with fingerprint marks. It doesn't wipe down. Has anyone had this issue, or know how to resolve it?

Attachments

• nav screen 1.jpg
    nav screen 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 174
  • nav screen.jpg
    nav screen.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Sponsors (?)

xkairos_hxc,

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have a nav screen in my car but there's one in the wifey's car.

The plastic is pretty soft and should not be cleaned with any household cleaner (Windex, Lysol, etc.). You probably know that already but it never hurts to post reminders to those who may have a blurry screen in their Mustang and wonder how to clean it. Anyway, get a good quality ammonia-free glass cleaner (Wolfgang makes a great cleaner (tint safe), imho) and a soft microfiber cloth. Spray the cloth, gently clean the screen (engine and screen are off), and then buff lightly with a clean soft microfiber cloth. If this works then you're all set. If it doesn't work then the blurriness is in the screen (the micro scratches have etched the screen) and it probably needs to be replaced.

YouTube has videos of replacing blurry screens ("blurry navigation screen", "foggy navigation screen", and "navigation screen is foggy" are decent search strings).

HTH,

Chris