2014 3.7l V6 Driveshaft

ABC

Feb 28, 2017
Newark, OH
I have a question for anyone who may know. I currently have the stock driveshaft in an automatic V6 for the 2014 model year. I've seen many people with 2011s on YouTube busting their driveshafts by going 130mph or higher. I currently have my limiter set to 125mph which allows me to go around 128/129mph. Does anyone know on my 2014 if there is a possibility my driveshaft would break if I tried to take it to say.. 150mph or thereabouts? Mine is 3 years after the people who seem to have the issue, but I'm not willing to risk it without checking with someone who knows for sure first. Thanks.

p.s. this is a Mustang. I apologize I posted this in the wrong room. I didn't see till after. My bad :O_o:

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm not so sure you can get much faster in a V6 with your mods. I don't know if they fixed the issue in the 2014 model but there are aftermarket driveshafts and driveshaft loops. As with most parts on a car, failures don't happen to everyone at the same speed or mileage. If you are worried about it, then buy the aftermarket parts. At those speeds, you also need to start worrying about other areas of your car....like tires. Your all-season, H-rated, tires are rated for 130 mph...

I hope you are doing this on a very long and safe road and not being completely reckless and dangerous to other drivers. One twitch at those speeds and the driveshaft is the last thing you'll be worried about. Stick to a drag strip or a sanctioned event on a runway.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not so sure you can get much faster in a V6 with your mods. I don't know if they fixed the issue in the 2014 model but there are aftermarket driveshafts and driveshaft loops. As with most parts on a car, failures don't happen to everyone at the same speed or mileage. If you are worried about it, then buy the aftermarket parts. At those speeds, you also need to start worrying about other areas of your car....like tires. Your all-season, H-rated, tires are rated for 130 mph...

I hope you are doing this on a very long and safe road and not being completely reckless and dangerous to other drivers. One twitch at those speeds and the driveshaft is the last thing you'll be worried about. Stick to a drag strip or a sanctioned event on a runway.
True I know it would be safest with higher speed rated tires and better brakes. Being I need brakes soon I'm planning on looking into an upgrade. The V6 can actually go faster than 130mph without mods. It picks up speed pretty well surprisingly to some. With the mods I have now I can get to 125mph pretty quickly, so I know the car has much more it can do. I do need better tires and a sturdy one-piece driveshaft, and no I wouldn't drive that fast on a road with several cars on it & would have to be straight and smooth. Track would be nice, but it's been difficult getting on one. It's just something I'd like to know the car can do without issue, not that I'd be doing it all the time. Thanks for your advice.