2014 Base Convertible Backup Camera

Norman Berger

Nov 22, 2015
I bought a kit to install wireless license plate camera in my 2014 base convertible.

I have the right side (passenger) tail light harness exposed and looking to find + and - for the back up lights so I can power the remote 2.4Ghz transmitter. Does anyone know which color wires as well as which is + and which is minus?

I would also like to power the mirror from the overhead console where the cabin lights are. I read someplace I can pull that down without breaking. Can anyone confirm and possibly identify + and - there so I can tap it to power the mirror vs. using cigarette lighter to do so.

Thanks//

• Sponsors (?)

I used multi-meter and found black wire and blue wire gives me 12v when in reverse. Installed mirror using the cigarette lighter for now to power the mirror and it works very nicely!

The problem I have now seems to be with the mirror in that once I go to drive I need to touch power button on the mirror to get the image again.

Looking at client reviews on Amazon I'm not alone! Waiting for reply from mfgr. Auto-VOX 4.3 image Model RVS-T1000C21WCL-B0.6

Was $89.95, free shipping, goes in easily.

If I can't solve power on issue it goes back.

Still looking for someone with some knowledge of obtaining power from overhead console however.