Engine 2014 Mustang V6 leaking coolant

joeracer702

Aug 29, 2018
Las Vegas
Encountered my 2014 mustang overheating the other day. I couldn't find any noticeable drips or pools of coolant under the car or under the hood. However, today I took a couple other looks and finally located the issue. I'm not super experienced with coolant issues however. Any idea where this is leaking out of, and how difficult of a job it would be to repair?

Appreciate the advice and help in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Water pump went bad, replaced that and the overflow hose with the new check valve in place to prevent air from getting into it.

Can anyone tell me what section it's leaking out of and what the purpose of that section is?

badwaterpump.jpg

That is the 'weep hole'. It is to let you know, your water pump is going bad. The bearing and seal is worn out causing a small leak from the 'weep hole'. I know a woman whose water pump went out. I changed it for her and I asked her if she has had to add water to the radiator, she told me she had been adding a quart every 5-6 days of antifreeze to it for over a year. It can leak from the 'weep hole' for a few days or a long time before the seal lets loose and dumps all your coolant :(