2015 Ecoboost Mustang "fake Sound"??

• Sponsors (?)

This is not something new, they have done similar things on the 5.0 coyote cars for a few years now. The engines were actually so quite that they had to add some interior engine noise... or so I heard. Go figure, Mustangs that are too quiet

This is not something new, they have done similar things on the 5.0 coyote cars for a few years now. The engines were actually so quite that they had to add some interior engine noise... or so I heard. Go figure, Mustangs that are too quiet
Ford added a sound tube to the Mustang GT in 2010 (which had a 4.6 btw.) It runs from the intake to the firewall to allow some engine sound to enter the cabin. It was added because after the 2010 update the cabin was so well insulated you could barely hear the engine, not because the engine itself was too quite. I'm not sure what the case is with the 2015 Eco-boost. I thought it was advertised as having sound canceling technology, not sound enhancing. I wonder if it is actual enhanced engine sounds coming through the speakers, or sound that is intended to cancel some unwanted noise that is inherent to the 2.3L Turbo.

From what I am reading, it is a sound enhancement of the actual engine. It's a very small enhancement from I can tell though. I think the enhancement sounds good because it makes it more of a "throaty" sound that sounds, in my opinion, more aggressive. My next Mustang will most definitely be a V-8 though. You really can't beat a V-8 Mustang sound!

I bought an EcoBoost a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it. The engine is too quiet though. I heard about the Active Noise Control and was wondering if there was a way to use it to boost the engine noise (real or fake lol) so it can be better heard in the cabin. It would be really cool if the engine noise increased when I put the car in Sport or Track mode and then got quieter in Normal mode.