2015 Mustang Seats In Fox

IMG_1319.JPG

Dave, the donor car I purchased was to salvage the roof from it, to replace our damaged one. Have some family that own a Body Shop, and they're going to cut the top from the donor and weld it on our car. Supposed to start on it October 9th.

Bossed
Woohoo!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The cooling/heating function might be an issue. Usually there's a module under the passenger seat that controls the function for both seats, and it's controlled by the FCIM and APIM module in the dash. All intertwined and programmed via Ford IDS tool.

To take just the seats and bypass that could be tricky. The seats are heated/cooled by a TED device which is regulated through the DSCM. It gets turned on via PWM signal.

In other words....it's complex. Might just need to require the TED devices and run them unregulated and hope you don't burn them up

I only know this because I just got done troubleshooting and fixing my non working heat/cool seats on my Taurus

If I ever pick up a set with them, I'll give it a shot. The cooling feature is nice. Feels like peeing your pants while you drive. I recommend it

Hey fellas, I'll have to search my phone to see if I have any pictures of it finished. I don't remember if we took pix of the interior specifically. I know there are different versions of these seats, powered, manual, heated/cooled etc. The seats I purchased were manually adjusted, even the height adjustment. Our seats would not fit in the car. They would have sit way too high, and they were no match for the Fox floor. The 2015 seat brackets are welded to the seat frame, so I cut them off with a ziz wheel. I removed the height adjustment mechanism from ours since it was not needed. I welded the square tubing to the round tubes and bolted the Fox seat adjusters to the square tubing. The seats are a tight fit, but they do fit, and they're head and shoulders above the originals.

Bossed

Thanks for the input guys. I have no problem gutting the electrical components. If the seats have electric lumbar supports then I wouldn't mind trying to wire that in somehow. Either way this upgrade is all about just having comfy & safe seats in my car.

Sorry for bring a dead post back, question. Whats length and the width of the square tubing? Also did you weld on the part on the two cylinder tubes on the front and back? The 2016 seats i have had the electrical lamber.
I still have to take off a few things, but i was thinking of taking that tube up front off and weld a tube straight across as one piece with the square tube like a box or cut and grind that square bracket thing and weld the square tube only like u did.
Hi their I am working on the same seats all power trying to figure out the brackets, did you ever get them installed? Do you have any pics for the set up you used on the powered version of the seats..

Thanks

Hi their I am working on the same seats all power trying to figure out the brackets, did you ever get them installed? Do you have any pics for the set up you used on the powered version of the seats..

Thanks
What year seats? How tall are you? I did the 2018 seats I’m my 1990 hatchback and love it. I have detailed pictures in my build thread, somewhere around page 80 or so I believe and the link should be in my signature. I used 3/4” square tube with 1/8” wall and welded it all together. This raises the seat height a bit and I’m 6’3” so I cut the rear feet down on the Fox tracks and that made it perfect for me.
2D12BDB8-1581-4AF8-9B4A-3839B31E1FEB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
What year seats? How tall are you? I did the 2018 seats I’m my 1990 hatchback and love it. I have detailed pictures in my build thread, somewhere around page 80 or so I believe and the link should be in my signature. I used 3/4” square tube with 1/8” wall and welded it all together. This raises the seat height a bit and I’m 6’3” so I cut the rear feet down on the Fox tracks and that made it perfect for me.
2D12BDB8-1581-4AF8-9B4A-3839B31E1FEB.jpeg
Geeez! I’ve got to do that to Booger some day.

Geeez! I’ve got to do that to Booger some day.

Awesome Thanks that helps me having a good visual, for some reason I only saw the original post for the manual seats using google. I am only 5' 10" so the height and the extra leg room is not a huge concern. On the power seat version I have from a 2015 GT the front bar does not go all the way across, I was thinking a square tube would need to be added to connect the square tubing for the rails. This confirms love the power of the community.

Thanks
William

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome Thanks that helps me having a good visual, for some reason I only saw the original post for the manual seats using google. I am only 5' 10" so the height and the extra leg room is not a huge concern. On the power seat version I have from a 2015 GT the front bar does not go all the way across, I was thinking a square tube would need to be added to connect the square tubing for the rails. This confirms love the power of the community.

Thanks
William
Hey William, someone here did it with full controls intact. I wish I could remember now who did it...... sorry.