2015 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

I saw a few concept drawings first. Even though I knew they were just preliminary, I wasn't too thrilled.

When I actually saw the car Ford introduced, I was pleasantly surprised. I actually like it pretty well. I always reserve my final judgement until I can see one in person, but the pictures are pretty cool.

My son and I rented a 1014 GT in Kansas this past summer. Even with an automatic, that thing was fast. Kansas has great roads for high speed runs. We got it up to 135 several times before chickening out. It shifted at about 7k. Sounded great.

I've never been so excited about a new car that I'll probably never buy haha.

vety dissapointed with the engine.... that thing should have at least 450 hp in the GT

Have they released power numbers on the GT yet? I heard that they are revising the cylinder heads and beefing up the cam, should be well north of 420, at least. It'll still be enough to embarrass me at the dragstrip haha.

I was also disappointed with the eco-boost. I know they don't want to out do the V8, but why the 4 cylinder? They should have put the 6 cylinder eco-boost in there.

Joe

It'll be the best MPG musclecar to date and the performance will fall somewhere between the base V6 and the GT. I don't think it will disappoint.

I do think it's cool that they are putting a turbocharged 2.3 in them. The SVO is back, except with a rumored 300hp.

If the car rides and drives as nice as I hope it does given all the chassis improvements, I'll get rid of my WRX for one.

Last edited:
I do think it's cool that they are putting a turbocharged 2.3 in them. The SVO is back, except with a rumored 300hp.

If the car rides and drives as nice as I hope it does given all the chassis improvements, I'll get rid of my WRX for one.

Ford reps have said the turbo 4 will be more powerful than the base model V6- so it'll be no less than 305 HP. :cool:

Ford reps have said the turbo 4 will be more powerful than the base model V6- so it'll be no less than 305 HP. :cool:

I think max HP numbers are within just a few of each other. Where the turbo 4 shines is by having gobs of torque and a flatter power band. I guess I am always thinking of adding more HP, and it just seems like it would be easier to do with the V6.

Joe

The idea of a Mustang that potentially gets 34 mpg and has a 6-speed, 14" brakes, IRS, 20" wheels, and 300+ hp is a hard thing to ignore. I think Ford is doing it right to set themselves up to sell a lot of these cars.

The V6 won't be available with the performance package, so I think it's appeal will be limited especially with the performance that comes from the ecoboost.

The idea of a Mustang that potentially gets 34 mpg and has a 6-speed, 14" brakes, IRS, 20" wheels, and 300+ hp is a hard thing to ignore. I think Ford is doing it right to set themselves up to sell a lot of these cars.

The V6 won't be available with the performance package, so I think it's appeal will be limited especially with the performance that comes from the ecoboost.

I read somewhere that they almost didn't do the NA V6, but they decided to keep it because they still wanted an affordable entry-level Mustang (so we can laugh at all the idiots that go out and buy what will ultimately be a high school girl's car in 5 years). Like any generation Mustang, the base models WILL litter the streets for years to come.

Im not thrilled with the front end falling in line with the Taurus and Fusion, but I love the rear and over all body shape staying true to the name. IRS sounds awesome since I never drag race my cars, and I LOVE the 5.0 engine. The ecoboost sounds awesome for what it is, but Im just a V8 guy, so you guys can have those models. :) It may be a car I trade my '11 for, but at the moment I am still in love with my car's styling and performance.

I love the rear of them and the side view. Front looks too much like an Aston Martin to me. It is growing on me, though.

Eh, at a glance the open grill is slightly reminiscent of the iconic Aston look, but when you put them side by side, they really aren't that close.

1386182034000-15FordMustang-01-HR.jpg

2013_aston_martin_vanquish_278_1024x768.jpg

Reactions: 1 user