Progress Thread 25thmustang's Progress Pics

• Sponsors (?)

Any particular reason why? My plan was to do both, but if there are negatives to it, I'm open to suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the 1/4 area cavities, between the inner steel and the exterior sheet metal? I plan to line the outer sheet metal with the peel and stick, as well as then the inner, but I'm wondering if there's a benefit to filling this open space.

The smell is terrible. It really never goes away. The exhaust will heat it back up and you get a wif of it.

I actually had the tailpipes, sold them to a friend and bought them back.

The entire interior short of headliner, carpet and seats is red stuff dyed black. Door panels were red, now black. The black dye is very nice stuff. When you respray a piece, it coats so evenly there are no lines, stripes or unevenness. It's no factory black interior, but honestly to me it looks nearly as good.

I actually had the tailpipes, sold them to a friend and bought them back.

The entire interior short of headliner, carpet and seats is red stuff dyed black. Door panels were red, now black. The black dye is very nice stuff. When you respray a piece, it coats so evenly there are no lines, stripes or unevenness. It's no factory black interior, but honestly to me it looks nearly as good.

Nice!!!

As you know, my interior is still blue. But i'm getting the itch do the swap. If you remember, what stuff did you use to dye it? just whatever from late model or something along those lines?

I used Duplicolor fabric and vinyl dye. I also used their adhesion promotor before it. When I did everything I scuffed it up with scotch pads, then adhesion promotor, followed by a bunch of color coats. It does chip over time, but is beyond simple to just recoat.

Reactions: 1 user
That's been my experience. I'm more happy with how it coats when doing recoat or touch up. No streaks, no spots, it just lays down nice and smooth. It is also a fairly decent match to the original black plastic in our cars.

Still have the car. Moved to NY so the car is in storage in CT for a while (4-5 years). Only changes have been an SVO leather rear seat (for the kids to ride in it when they get older) and took the dumped spintech mufflers off for an SLP catback. Drove the car a bit last summer, but of course not enough!

Reactions: 4 users
Still have the car. Moved to NY so the car is in storage in CT for a while (4-5 years). Only changes have been an SVO leather rear seat (for the kids to ride in it when they get older) and took the dumped spintech mufflers off for an SLP catback. Drove the car a bit last summer, but of course not enough!
Guess you saw my comment on FB . Lol