Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

I've got one of those. Works well on our mustangs. Buy some extra chain and couple couplers from tractor supply or a hardware store.

I got my rear brake line kit from MM today. I took a few minutes to get them attached today. They really do make quality stuff. I’ll get some pics when the workbench doesn’t look like a tornado hit it.
I did think that the bracket that holds the rear tee came in the kit...... but it didn’t.
So now I’ll have to restore this one. Threw in some vinegar to loosen up the rust, and then I’ll hit it with the wire wheel.
3D33DC0D-0FC2-4405-A613-2EBB35CF3DBD.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Decide to use some ratchet straps with the engine support bar. Along with a jack stand under the balancer, I feel pretty safe.
F87719F7-F9D0-4784-9057-04245B81B859.jpeg

And from this view of the k member and oil pan...... I’m sure glad I’m going to get it cleaned up!
178C94C2-48B6-4C31-BACC-F58EBFC3F2C9.png

Reactions: 1 users
I got my rear brake line kit from MM today. I took a few minutes to get them attached today. They really do make quality stuff. I’ll get some pics when the workbench doesn’t look like a tornado hit it.
I did think that the bracket that holds the rear tee came in the kit...... but it didn’t.
So now I’ll have to restore this one. Threw in some vinegar to loosen up the rust, and then I’ll hit it with the wire wheel.
3D33DC0D-0FC2-4405-A613-2EBB35CF3DBD.jpeg
And here it is after the vinegar/wire wheel treatment! Good as new, and ready for paint.
E70E29FD-940C-454F-89D3-00C14AB9D053.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
No, not right now.
This wasn’t really in the plans either, but while I had everything else taken apart around it, I figured I may as well take this down and refinish it.

Have to shined a flashlight up the sleeve and taken a look?

If everything checks out, I would really recommend something like this inside the rail.

after I fixed my rails, I sprayed two cans worth inside bolt sides from firewall to bumper.

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve actually been thinking about doing the rails on my ‘02 F150 to stop the internal rust......... maybe I’ll just buy a bunch of cans from Eastwood, and do it all at once.

If you do use the spray, make sure you are ready to use the can all in one shot. The flexible hose they give you is tough to clean out so it’s usually clogged the next time you go to spray. Eastwood wants $10 for a replacement nozzle hose, plus shipping.

Reactions: 1 user