Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Went with the black couplers. It’s getting there. Trust me, the red was a much worse match than the pictures show.
As much as I’d rather not, that chrome tube may have to get painted black.
557A528C-AA35-4AB0-94C9-2BE22A1EB934.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Funny you said that about the bands. I was thinking that a week ago. Looks good now
Yeah……. The bands and the wires were just a weird color red that just never matched. The intake color and the body are similar. Sometimes they look identical, and sometimes you see the difference, but compliment each other nice.
Now I need to figure out what to do with all the aluminum color with the alternator and power steering pump bracket. My plan was always just to take care of those when and if I pull the motor out. ……… who am I kidding….. WHEN I pull the motor out.

Just a little reminiscing here……. I joined this site back on Dec. 2017. I was first welcomed by the one and only @Davedacarpainter . He seems to be Dave the Steak Cooker these days, but we all gotta eat, right.
Anyway…….. I can’t believe how far I’ve come from the car I brought home that November day…… yet there’s still so far to go. If it were not for the inspiration of this site, and the countless number of members on here, I’m sure I would have it parked on the side of the house collecting dust. Looking forward to many more years of wrenching and modding, and of course the good ole BS-ing that goes on. Thanks everyone!
I can only hope there are many new members behind me finding the same inspiration from what I’ve done!
Off my soap box….. carry on!

Reactions: 3 users
Finally got out to a real car show today. Paid my “judged” entry fee and took 2nd place in my class. Super fun time, with a ton of positive comments from the crowd.
No haters on the aero nose swap either! Most that noticed it said it was well done!!!
Went with my uncle who has an all original barn find 65 Coronet!
Got there at 8am….. so looks pretty empty, but show filled up pretty quick!
74B95158-8677-4964-A7D2-2C95C0ABB7A1.jpeg

Scored this for $5 also. More garage art once I clean it up.
C3771CD1-7FF2-42C4-921F-6CA4FAD7793C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve had a few “rattles” since I redid everything. Got progressively worse as I was driving yesterday. Turns out I have a broken tailpipe hanger. The locating tab broke off, allowing the hanger to rotate and loosen the one bolt holding it in.
I’ll throw a lock washer at it for now, until I get a new hanger, but hopefully this will get the tailpipe back where it needs to be so it stops making contact with the rear end.

Rdub6. Car looks great. Where was that show? Those overhangs in the background kinda look like the government building lots by the precinct on 347. Anyway, you going to the show at Lucas Ford on the 12th? Maybe I’ll see you there.

Rdub6. Car looks great. Where was that show? Those overhangs in the background kinda look like the government building lots by the precinct on 347. Anyway, you going to the show at Lucas Ford on the 12th? Maybe I’ll see you there.
Thanks man!
It was at Bald Hill……. But your right, very similar to that other lot.
Not sure about Lucas yet….. have to check the work schedule. Looks like a cool show though!

Last edited:
Ok. Cool. Forgot about that Bald Hill show. Congrats on the 2nd place trophy. Your car is really looking good. Maybe I’ll see you out in Southold on the 12th.
Thanks man! Appreciate that. I’m sure 1 and 2 would have been bumped to 2 and 3 had you been there!! ;)
Unfortunately it’s my turn to work the weekend this week, so not making it to Lucas. Take some pics and post em up! Hopefully we can meet up at some point!