Hanging with the Big Dogs...Nice workJust for the hell of it, threw some stuff on the rear before work today to see how everything fits. May have to trim the splash shields a little bit.
Calipers seem to sit pretty well over the rotor!
Time to order some brake lines.
Yes, I know the rotor is on the wrong side
Second shipment came. Front nuts and bolts in tact in a box, inside the padded envelope. Rear bolts were loose in the bottom of the padded envelope. Same story with the yellow Jegs bag. Opened with nothing inside, but at least the bolts were floating around. Altogether I got 12 bolts and 8 nuts.Have I ever mentioned that I hate fedx?
They Will file a claim with fedx, it happens alot.
I was thinking of the sawzall, but didn’t want to ruin the sleeve, because.... yes, my plan was to replace with poly bushings and re-use the sleeve. I’ll have to steal a steak knife from the kitchen, as my hacksaw didn’t seem it was coarse enough. Thanks!I cut the rubber into pieces. Iirc I used a sawzall with a pruning blade. A steak knife works wonders on rubber too. One you get most of the rubber left you can use a wire wheel on a drill to get the metal clean. I turned one down to fit better using my bench grinder.
edit: I just noticed you never mentioned if you were replacing the rubber with poly or the entire bushing, included the sleeve. I’ll leave this post here anyway in case it helps.