Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Assuming you're looking to get an air impact, my favorite Canadian had some good things to say about the more recent HF impact guns.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqWypTAG4Hw

I just borrowed this from my neighbor. What a beast.
7A173123-2CC1-47B3-ACB9-AFF4B50F5A98.jpeg

Ran that pinion nut snug with ease.
Ill check out the video, but I actually was leaning toward battery. I really just want something that works like it should.
Before I go to Harbor Freight, I may look to see if dewalt makes one that takes the 20v batteries I already have. So many of them come as “tool only”, so that might make sense. I’ll price them out, but with the suspension work ahead of me, one of these will make it much more enjoyable!

• Sponsors (?)

Ill check out the video, but I actually was leaning toward battery. I really just want something that works like it should.
Before I go to Harbor Freight, I may look to see if dewalt makes one that takes the 20v batteries I already have. So many of them come as “tool only”, so that might make sense. I’ll price them out, but with the suspension work ahead of me, one of these will make it much more enjoyable!
They do: Amazon product ASIN B0795Y49SQView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0795Y49SQ/

It's on my wish list to likely be purchase fairly soon. I've been really impressed with the performance of my 3/8" DeWalt impact. Took it to a local yard a couple months ago where it zipped out head bolts with ease.

Reactions: 1 user
I was almost about to install the axles, and realized my NRC brackets had to be next. Now I’m debating on throwing some paint on that hardware. It’ll be out of site, so why not some more protection for it! Right?
B8EB385F-54EE-4108-A0B9-E39E94D50FED.jpeg

I have the 1/2 20v dewalt. DCF899H. Proabably comparable to the Milwaukee you borrowed. 1200ftlb removal. 700 ftlb tightening. If you have 20v dewalt stuff already I would consider it like you said.

So as I sit here staring at this rear differential trying to figure out my problems (see that issue here) https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/cross-pin-trouble-on-rebuilt-8-8.919700/
I notice that my NRC bracket is a little “off”
from top to bottom.
C75E0449-63A4-49AD-98B1-E02BCF847266.jpeg

DC5BD70E-7E17-4D62-BD1A-EA2B7319324F.jpeg

It’s an 1/8” off from top to bottom. Maybe that didn’t matter much to the drum brake backing plate, but I think I’ll figure out how to shim this plumb with the axle, before I go any further!

I also have this very important decision to make. Lol. Moser stickers onto both axles? One an axle, one on the toolbox, or both on the toolbox?
image.jpg

Last edited:
That's a tough decision. On one hand, if you put one on just one axle and one on the tool box it may upset the aerodynamics between right and left wheels resulting in a constant pull to one side or the other, oh, but your tool box may be faster. :shrug:

That's a tough decision. On one hand, if you put one on just one axle and one on the tool box it may upset the aerodynamics between right and left wheels resulting in a constant pull to one side or the other, oh, but your tool box may be faster. :shrug:
I know...... these are things I worry about!
I do have an empty door on my cabinets just waiting for something! What to do, what to do!
image.jpg

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues, I decided to start taking apart the front end! It’s getting late, and too loud for impact, so I’ll finish this tomorrow!
7330CD9C-017B-41D4-9889-D13025F278A1.png

I have a bunch of 20V Dewalt tools as well, including the impact. I have the older impact, supposedly the new 20V is even stronger. Either way, no complaints. It does 95% of what I need it to do. For that 5%, I pull the pneumatic impact out. But honestly, the electric impact was my favorite tool purchase I've made in a long time. It's sped up my productivity. Was debating picking up the newest 1/2" 20v impact and ebaying my old one. We will see

Got the rear back together today, and did a little more front end tear down. Then decided I needed to regroup, clean up the garage, get the tools back in their place, and boxed up some of the old parts. Can’t stand working when things get to be a mess!
Anyway...... I guess my last question on the rear end would be...... should I fill it up now, or wait until I’m going to use it. I’ve got a few more months of work before this car will move again. I’m thinking I should fill it, spin the gears/ axles, tip it up and down, and get things covered in oil.

• Agree