Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

Was going to get a gasket, but I just bought this tube of black RTV, so I’m going with that! Snugged em up..... I’ll let it sit for a while to set up, and I’ll tighten them down.

:rlaugh:Just noticed my new CT!

After seeing the ridiculous price on LMR for new SVE anti moan brackets (are they kidding at $162), I scored an old pair on eBay for $40. I’ll give them the clean and pain treatment and they’ll be good as new.
934D95F9-A4B6-4AE3-8364-91010C672564.png

Reactions: 1 users
Just for the hell of it, threw some stuff on the rear before work today to see how everything fits. May have to trim the splash shields a little bit.
Calipers seem to sit pretty well over the rotor!
Time to order some brake lines.
E5DD3E31-8D6A-459B-850A-C93EEB3CA894.jpeg

576B8078-5BF3-435A-B1F3-EE40F54A9E6C.jpeg

Yes, I know the rotor is on the wrong side:D

Reactions: 3 users
Not much going on lately, as we’ve taken on a “redo the bathroom” project. Only a half bath so shouldn’t be too bad. Right now it’s gutted, and I’ve re-done the subfloor. Anyway.... enough of that...

I did get a little Mustang time in today. Got my front to rear brake line removed, ordered a new bracket from LMR, and started to sand down my anti-moan brackets and get them ready to paint.

I was planning on refurbishing the rear line bracket, but I’m not crazy about how the threads look, and the bracket was pretty rusty, so for $35 I did it. Added my firewall to hood seal to get over the free shipping threshold also!

FOXCASTFEB is the current 6% off code if anyone is interested. It seems they change the code constantly now.

Waiting on a few things to come in for the bathroom remodel, so I got some more garage time in today.
Cleaned up the k member a little bit. I still need to go buy a 31mm socket so I can remove the control arms.
BFCA8383-50A8-4CB2-AE10-E10664D91F64.jpeg

Also removed the front sway bar. Found the bushings to be bad, which I knew, but also found one bracket tweaked to :poo:
4DD1A20E-3FB7-4957-801D-BDE121889D5E.jpeg

D8DEB643-DDF1-4BB5-9E65-BE01E7BEA541.jpeg

So, the other day I decide to order all new front and rear control arm bolts. Just more stockpiling of my parts little by little.
I walk out on my porch today to find a box from LMR with my rear brake line bracket, and hood to firewall seal- no issues!
I also find a medium sized white “bubble envelope”, for lack of a better term, from JEGS. I pick up the envelope and it’s completely empty other than an empty package where bolts used to be.
2E085765-3253-42B7-8ACC-BEC045A9C1F3.jpeg
Thank you very much FedEx for the empty package, which had very obviously been razor cut to remove the contents! Maybe a ring of the doorbell to let me know (or maybe the driver was the one in need of bolts). Either way...... so sick of the incompetence!

So I call Jegs, not even 15 minutes after delivery, hoping they believe me. After all, it’s $60 worth of bolts I have to convince them I didn’t get.
To their credit, they are replacing the order, but it’s just aggravating that now there’s a question on their end of whether I’m legit or not! It just sucks.
I did request they ship in a cardboard box this time, so we’ll see what happens!

Have I ever mentioned that I hate fedx?
They Will file a claim with fedx, it happens alot.
Second shipment came. Front nuts and bolts in tact in a box, inside the padded envelope. Rear bolts were loose in the bottom of the padded envelope. Same story with the yellow Jegs bag. Opened with nothing inside, but at least the bolts were floating around. Altogether I got 12 bolts and 8 nuts.
I’m not even going to bother calling again. I will just be very careful ordering from Jegs, as it is their shipping dept that seems to be the issue!

Made a little more progress. Cleaned, sanded, and repainted the front sway bar.
3BFA7416-D257-4947-B3ED-08233018636E.png

Got the front control arms off, cleaned up a little, and started the dreaded job of removing the old rubber bushings. Got the center steel out pretty easy, but the rest is every bit of a pain that I’d read it would be! But I’ll keep at it, and get there eventually.
D87A7859-D214-4E13-B5F4-CEFF89678C95.png

8083FB7C-917A-4FDF-B31F-CD84C41DCE04.jpeg

I was close to burning them out, but reconsidered at 5pm on Friday when everyone is around to see the smoke and smell the rubber.
Im going to rent a ball joint press to get my old ones out, so I may try that on the bushings.

I cut the rubber into pieces. Iirc I used a sawzall with a pruning blade. A steak knife works wonders on rubber too. One you get most of the rubber left you can use a wire wheel on a drill to get the metal clean. I turned one down to fit better using my bench grinder.

edit: I just noticed you never mentioned if you were replacing the rubber with poly or the entire bushing, included the sleeve. I’ll leave this post here anyway in case it helps.

Reactions: 1 user
I cut the rubber into pieces. Iirc I used a sawzall with a pruning blade. A steak knife works wonders on rubber too. One you get most of the rubber left you can use a wire wheel on a drill to get the metal clean. I turned one down to fit better using my bench grinder.

edit: I just noticed you never mentioned if you were replacing the rubber with poly or the entire bushing, included the sleeve. I’ll leave this post here anyway in case it helps.
I was thinking of the sawzall, but didn’t want to ruin the sleeve, because.... yes, my plan was to replace with poly bushings and re-use the sleeve. I’ll have to steal a steak knife from the kitchen, as my hacksaw didn’t seem it was coarse enough. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user