2nd Mishimoto radiator leaking

I developed a leak in my Mishimoto after a few months too. It was actually coming from the driver's side. I have subframes, but they aren't full length, plus I have a vert, which means more chassis flex. Instead of returning the radiator and having it happen all over again, I used Barr's liquid aluminum stop leak. I was wary of using it, but it was guarenteed to work and not clog up my system. So far so good. It doesn't leak anymore, my engine temp is fine. I would stay away from the older stop leak products, but some of the new ones seem better.

• Sponsors (?)

When I installed mine, I remebered reading about all these leaking ones. WHen I was putting it in, I noticed the rubber parts that hold it in place were kind of "pulling" it apart. So I cut the top ones some, and took the bottom ones out so it can move around a little more.

Ive had mine for some time now, and no leaks.

hey Eric,can you post some pic of your radiator mount's.i'm ordering the mishimoto radiator and BBK sub frame connectors hopefully at the end of the week.i'd like to see how you modified your mount's for a little extra insurance against a leak,thank's.

Mishimoto Leaking Too - Warranty Process?

Well, I wish I had seen this thread before ordering my Mishimoto. First, the radiator showed up with the overflow fitting ripped out. I had a new fitting tapped but now, after only two months, it has developed a small leak on the driver side, about half way down.

Mishimoto says they have a "no questions asked" warranty policy but they want to charge me $10 to ship me a replacement and said that they "rarely" ask you to return the old radiator.

However, their credit card authorization form says that you "may" need to return the old radiator. I am wondering if anyone on here was asked to returned the old one? If so, how much did it cost you? I'm just worried it's not even worth it at this point.

Sorry to hear about you guys that are having problems since I headed up the group buy.

For those that have had leaks is it a tight fit getting the radiator in? I remember in another thread about this that people said theirs fit tight and it leaked and others had no problems with it fitting and didn't have a problem with leaks.

Tight Fit?

. . . people said that theirs fit tight and it leaked and others had no problems with it fitting and didn't have a problem with leaks.

Intesting! I will keep my fingers crossed that the replacement is a little looser fitting. I saw a thread where someone cut away some of the rubber grommets to make it fit looser and has had no problems with leaks either. Thanks for the feedback!

Im almost positive it has something to do with the radiator fitting too tight. I remeber mine felt really tight, like the mounts were almost pulling outwards, so I took one of the rubber parts on the bottom out, and cut one of the tops.

Intesting! I will keep my fingers crossed that the replacement is a little looser fitting. I saw a thread where someone cut away some of the rubber grommets to make it fit looser and has had no problems with leaks either. Thanks for the feedback!

Im almost positive it has something to do with the radiator fitting too tight. I remeber mine felt really tight, like the mounts were almost pulling outwards, so I took one of the rubber parts on the bottom out, and cut one of the tops.

EXACTLY!! I think some cars might be kinda "Tweaked" a little, and when you put in a thicker than stock radiator and it is so tight as the car flexes the rad cracks.:shrug: