2nd Time NOOB

2nd Time NOOB UPDATE!

I say 2nd time noob because the last time I registered and posted the server crashed and everything was lost.

Ok, here is the deal. I have the opportunity to buy a '95 one owner GT with 44,500 miles on it. The owner is a 60 year old man who just used it as a toy and added very nice extras to it over the years. Some of those extras include a Powerdyne blower which has just been rebuilt & not yet reinstalled, shorty headers, Griffin high flow radiator, fully polished Cobra intake, Pro 5.0 short throw shifter, crossed drilled rotors, 3.55 gear, 17x8 Saleen replica rims (polished), a brand new still in the box Borla stainless exhaust & a few others I can't recall just now. He has all of the receipts for everything and with the exception of the blower which was put on when the car was new, I would say all the extras were added in the past 3 years. From day one the car has had nothing but Mobil 1 in the crankcase and Redline synthetic in the rear differential. I ran Carfax on it and everything checks out. Now here is the kicker... are you sitting down? He wants $7550 for it all :D . Now I live just outside Charlotte, NC and the '95 GT's I find via the internet within a 100 mile radius are going from around $6000 to $9500 with a minimum of twice the mileage this one has. So, would you buy it? :cheers: I almost forgot, I have a question. The car is a GTS. What is the difference between a GT and a GTS? THANKS!

• Sponsors (?)

I would buy it in a heartbeat for a 2nd car/fun car. If i needed a daily driver I wouldnt. I bought a low mileage gt for a daily driver and have spent a fair bit fixing it up still. its 10-11 year old, **** will break, but **** breaking or not, it will be fun

GTS's were more race oriented - they had few creature comforts.

I would jump on that thing. Any used car is going to have issues. Sounds pretty neat to me.

HISSIN50 said:
GTS's were more race oriented - they had few creature comforts.

I would jump on that thing. Any used car is going to have issues. Sounds pretty neat to me.

Yeah, I agree with both you and sage2k. Any used car no matter what the mileage is going to have issues, you just got to expect it.

As far as the GTS is concerned, what creature comforts are you talking about? This car has leather, cruise, power everything, cd. I can't imagine what's missing, but according to Carfax and the NCDMV it's a GTS

Leather, all power accessories? certainly doesnt sound like any GTS im familiar with :p might want to run a check on that if you care. GTS were generally cloth, usually not power, and short a spoiler ( often dealer installed though ) regardless, im with the rest of these posters, jump on it! i paid 5k for a 85k mile 94....youve got yourself a deal!

it is something to do with carfax,for some reason my fully loaded gt also says gt/gts on my carfax report.....but it is just an error on carfax i guess as mine is certainly no gts and neither is the car your talking about...

All those things could have been added to the car at some point.

Does it have the Mach 460 sound system? That to me might be the real clue. GTS's didn't get that and it's not something you see added to a car very often.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I am convinced this car is not a GTS. I believe it's just an error at the DMV which Carfax gets it's info from. I have driven the car and it drives/runs like new. This guy has all of his state inspection receipts from the last 10 years, so you can see how many miles were put on it per year. Yeah it hasn't been driven much, but it hasn't just sat either. I feel real comfortable with the car and based on what you guys are telling me it's a steal at this price! Thanks again!

95riosnake said:
I say go for it :nice:

Just curious...what color is it? Also, If I bought that car, I would probably end up swapping the powerdyne out for a vortech or procharger.

It is Deep Forest Green with saddle leather interior. I understand why you would swap out the blower, but this unit is newly rebuilt and warranted by Powerdyne. So I'll just ride with it till it gives up on me and spend my $ on other mods like some suspension work.

Well, I bought the car on July 12th and I do love it. I have installed the new Borla cat back that came with the car. The Powerdyne has been installed along with a new fuel pump and 30lb injectors. In stock trim the car made 171 rwhp & 245 ftlb of torque. With the fuel pump, injectors, blower & custom tune it made 260 rwhp & 305 ftlb of torque. I was hoping for a little more but that's only about 6 lbs of boost... but a 52% increase in rwhp ain't too bad.

Thanks again for everyone's responses to this thread.

PS FOR OL WHITEY: Two words... twenty five. Thanks for all your help on all my rides!

Wow, that's a 20.5% drivetrain loss, which seems high considering the car is a stick, not an auto. Also, this car have a Cobra intake, headers, and a Borla catback, which should have gained back part of what you lost in drivetrain loss. I am surprised that stock and supercharged you didn't crank out more power, even after a custom tune. Granted the car is a decade old, I think a tune (plugs, cap & rotor, clean mass air, wires, etc.) would not hurt a bit. Glad to hear you got the car though, sounds like a great deal! Congrats! :nice:

94MustangGT5.0 said:
Wow, that's a 20.5% drivetrain loss, which seems high considering the car is a stick, not an auto. Also, this car have a Cobra intake, headers, and a Borla catback, which should have gained back part of what you lost in drivetrain loss. I am surprised that stock and supercharged you didn't crank out more power, even after a custom tune. Granted the car is a decade old, I think a tune (plugs, cap & rotor, clean mass air, wires, etc.) would not hurt a bit. Glad to hear you got the car though, sounds like a great deal! Congrats! :nice:

I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm going to install the Cobra intake just yet. Also, I believe you are right that a basic tune up is in order. One other factor may be the heat & humidity level yesterday when this was done. The outside temp was 101 degrees with ridiculous humidity. I intend to dyno again this fall when the weather is cooler.

260 w/ blower?? change to the cobra quick. you should be seeing 300+ on that car, Also cars that sit for peroids of time need to get the gremlins drivin out of them, so drive it like ya stole it and i'll bet it loosens up a bit.
In any case good buy!!