$3-$4 a Gallon for Premium Gas + 18 mpg Mustang

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Ron Jeremy said:
I am sorry, but I was just trying to get a point across here.

What I am inferring to is that the Arabs are the ones who are causing the economic problems which this country is currently having. I am not saying that all Arabs are bad. But what I am trying to imply here is that they are the ones who are causing America to have economic problems. They are the ones who control oil production and the oil prices. They also control the global oil prices. And everything costs more when the oil rich Arab countries increase their oil prices. Americans have to pay more money for everything because the Arabs increase their oil prices. And many Americans are hurting financially because of this. I know because I personally know Americans who are having hard financial times because gasoline prices and everything else has gone up. And the wages of Americans have NOT gone up to offset the increase in oil prices. I hope that you understand this. I don't like being dependent on a bunch of Mickey Mouse Rouge Middle Eastern raghead countries who want to dictate to us what they will charge us for oil.

And to answer your last question. I am glad that I am not an Arab or an Arab American. I would be ashamed if I ever were either of the two. Arabs are all Anti-American, Anti-Christian and Anti-Jewish. I don't know one Arab or one Arab American who isn't any or all three of these things. I am not trying to be sensitive in here when talking about the Arabs or the Arab Americans, but these things which I mentioned in here are 100% true facts. Americans should be aware of these things. Americans should not be sensitive to these things. I hope that you can understand this. We were sensitive in the past and this caused 3,000 innocent American people to die on September 11th. We allowed them to kill 3,000+ of our own American countrymen because we were being sensitive to them and we didn't impose adequate security to prevent 16 Arabs from ramming 2 airliners into the twin Trade Center towers, 1 airliner into the Pentagon and another last airliner into the ground in Pennsylvania which was headed for the White House. I don't know about you, but I sure don't trust anyone who is an Arab after what happened on September 11th. I would be stupid if I ever do so. I am very angry that there are many stupid Americans in this country who don't see and who don't understand this. The only time when they will understand is when we have another September 11th occur. Maybe that's when people will wake up. But by then it's going to be too late. My heart cries out to America and to all the innocent people who lost their lives on September 11th and to their families and to all the American heroes who are serving in the Middle East and in Iraq, and in Afghanistan and in the rest of the Middle Eastern $hithole countries for freedom and peace. My heart also cries out to the American heroes who have lost their lives in the Middle East while protecting these Mickey Mouse countries and while trying to bring peace to the Middle East. Most Americans don't see and don't understand this though. Please do some research and look to see who decreases oil production and who increases oil prices. And please look to see who killed the 3,000+ innocent people on September 11th and who is currently daily killing our American heroes serving in Iraq and in the Middle East. It aint the Swedes, the Itallians or the Irish. It aint the French or the Germans or the English. It's the Arabs.

This is trully a sad thing to read. You're generalizations are immensly insulting. My heart goes out to any muslim who happened to read this. I live in a very diverse city with a huge muslim population, and they are just as decent as people of any other religion or nationality. To take a handful of people who committed a horrible crime against humanity and decide that every one who's blood comes from the same part of the world as them is "anti-american" and "untrustworthy" is dispicable. What do you say about the boys in white hoods down south that kill in the name of christianity and america? Do they properly represent your religion or country? You need to learn a bit more about the outside world before you make these offending statements.
Normally I tell people they can believe what they want to believe, but when someone's beliefs harm other decent people, that's crossing a line, whether you're a car-obsessed american insulting an entire nation of people, or some psycho crashing a plane into a building.

mustang sallad said:
You're generalizations are immensly insulting. My heart goes out to any muslim who happened to read this. I live in a very diverse city with a huge muslim population, and they are just as decent as people of any other religion or nationality.

Ron didn't say anything about Muslims. Your generalizing just as bad. Not all Arabs are Muslims, and Not all Muslims are Arabs.

awalbert88 said:
Those are some interesting numbers. Am I correct in understanding that Sunoco does not in fact use middle eastern oil then? I generally only put Sunoco in my car anyway, but this is interesting to learn.

You are correct, not all gasoline comes from middle east oil.

Iraq and any other part of the world is not creating any ecenomic problems for the U.S. The U.S. is creating its own problems. We are importing oil from the arab world, they do not have to sell us anything at all but they CHOOSE to. To say that Iraq is the cause of americas problems is just like George W wants you to believe. I have the immense luck and honor of not being an american citizen, I am Canadian. Here in Canada we export way too much lumber across the border for way too cheap a price, but it is your fault that we export too much? No, Its our fault for letting it get like this and stay like this. What I am trying to get at is your country cannot keep pushing the blame of everything that happens to your people to other people, this is just ignorant and rude. Why dont you try buying an electric car? Then you wouldnt have to worry about the price of gas ever, this would also make it so that you would have nothing to hate the arab world about...finally. I have nothing against the american population but I definatly do hate the consumeristic ones that buy buy buy then when they run out of money they hate. They hate the Arabs for THEIR oil, the Japanese for THEIR technology, the Canadians for THEIR oil, peace, contentment, and honor just to name a few that the american population doesnt seem to have nearly as much as their happy counterparts, whats next the egyptians for THEIR damned pyramids becuase they stand taller then your pyramids? This is just my 0.02 cents but If ignorance is bliss then AMERICA IS IGNORANT.

Z28x said:
Ron didn't say anything about Muslims. Your generalizing just as bad. Not all Arabs are Muslims, and Not all Muslims are Arabs.

lol, well its a common connection which is yes a generalization, like refering to americans as christians. But at least i wasn't insulting either arabs or muslims.

to get more on topic. whether gas prices go up or not, it is a limited resource, and some time within the next century or so, we are gonna run out of the stuff. So whether you care about pollution or not, we are gonna have to adopt new technology eventually, and the mustang's gonna have to roll with it or die. If prices go up, maybe people will drive less and hopefully we can push back the day when those oil wells go dry.
About paying taxes that go to public transit. Any road users benefit from widespread use of public transit. Buses, trains and subways take a lot of cars off the road. In my city, buses are regularly filled up to their 70 or 80 person capacity. If all those people on bus routes that have buses coming every 10 minutes got into cars, traffic would practically stop and there'd be absolutely no room to park downtown. The more we fund public transit, the better the services, more reliable, more convenient routes. More people will be encouraged to take public transit, and those who really love driving will actually be able to get to work in a reasonable amount of time. You could have a lot more fun with your stang if you didn't have to deal with traffic jams all the time.
I really liked that comment about bottled water being more expensive than gasoline. That's pretty absurd when you think about it.

Hey Mustang Sallad,

And not all Muslims are terrorists, but ALL Terrorists are Muslims. The September 11th attacks on America and Al Quaida proves this. So don't be so sensitive with this issue. Being sensitive is one of the reasons why September 11th happened in America. If you are politically correct and sensitive about this issue, you have a problem. Political correctness and the sensitivity of stupid people are the reasons why the September 11th attacks happened. But some people in here don't understand and don't acknowledge this.

Ron Jeremy said:
Hey Mustang Sallad,

And not all Muslims are terrorists, but ALL Terrorists are Muslims.

what about the guy who blew up that building in oaklahoma, what about the kid's that walked through the halls of their highschool with machine guns, what about the DC snipers, what about the chechen rebels who took over that theater in moscow? Bad people can come from anywhere in the world.

Anyways, i don't think you and me are the types of guys who can agree on anything like this, so why even try, sorry i started something here.
I don't think i fit in with the usual mustang crowd anyways. hybrid mustang, what is that anyways?

SVTdriver said:
That's great that you want to drive only on weekends. But many of the places I have worked either start too early or are not near buslines. So I should have a prius since environmentalists think I should pay more for the privilege of driving? No thanks. If people wanted to public transportation it would be made available. But I have rarely seen buses filled to capacity so that people have to wait for the next bus. 99.95% have plenty of room to spare. Or light rail. I have ridden on it in Portland Oregon. Only for concerts or holidays is it ever very full. And the ferries up here in washingotn are supplemented by the state. Why the hell should my tax dollars support someone elses transportation. And they are going to build lightrail in seattle. It will go nowhere near me. Nowhere near where the bulk of my travels will be. But I pay for it everytime I buy tabs for my car.

And let's talk about the problem with food transportation affecting the environment. If the local people were able to offer better prices. Then noone would pay to have the food trucked in from farther away. But when you consider that other places are making it better financially to buy from them. Why not use them. If I could buy food from the store 10 miles away cheaper than the store one bolck down. Why should I spend more at the neighbor.

The main reason people don't use public transportation is a) for the most part it sucks and b) gas is so cheap. In Europe where gas is more expensive and the public transportation is much better, public transportation is used a lot more. Over there they also have a lot of road tolls--ie people who use specific roads have to pay for thier upkeep. As a car driver you should be happy to help pay for public transportation because it means less people on the roads--less traffic. Keep in mind that people who don't have cars still pay for road upkeep with their taxes. Yes, Monorail won't be coming to your neighborhood--yet. But it's just a matter of time. Take a look at how BART works in the SF Bay area. Yes, it's expensive, but it works. Also, when it does come to your neighborhood, you'll see your property values rise quite a bit (good if you own your home).

The food thing is a bit more complicated. I know it's nice to be able to eat oranges in the winter if you live in a place that doesn't even grow them. My point is more about all the useless cr@p that is trucked around the place cause it's still cheap to do so--ie water from France. And I think you SHOULD consider spending a bit more to buy from your neighbor. I think it's pretty short sighted to buy cheap Chinese products at Wallmart. If we keep doing that there isn't going to be much of an economy left in this country.

My lousy $.01.

you'll have to forgive me if this was already mentioned (i only read the first page of this thread) but has anyone looked into this car?

http://www.commutercars.com/

its a glorified go-kart made for two. it does 0-60 in 4 sec, has a top speed of 130+, does the 1/4 mile in 12 sec@120mph and its all electric!

seems like the perfect answer to the daily commute grind. then we can play with our stangs on the weekend! slap a segway on the back and your a mean "GREEN" commuting machine.

true they're $86,000 each right now... but wait until they get big name funding and mass production. then we're looking at $8,600! and no dependancy on OIL!

66Satellite said:
The main reason people don't use public transportation is a) for the most part it sucks and b) gas is so cheap. In Europe where gas is more expensive and the public transportation is much better, public transportation is used a lot more. Over there they also have a lot of road tolls--ie people who use specific roads have to pay for thier upkeep. As a car driver you should be happy to help pay for public transportation because it means less people on the roads--less traffic. Keep in mind that people who don't have cars still pay for road upkeep with their taxes. Yes, Monorail won't be coming to your neighborhood--yet. But it's just a matter of time. Take a look at how BART works in the SF Bay area. Yes, it's expensive, but it works. Also, when it does come to your neighborhood, you'll see your property values rise quite a bit (good if you own your home).

The food thing is a bit more complicated. I know it's nice to be able to eat oranges in the winter if you live in a place that doesn't even grow them. My point is more about all the useless cr@p that is trucked around the place cause it's still cheap to do so--ie water from France. And I think you SHOULD consider spending a bit more to buy from your neighbor. I think it's pretty short sighted to buy cheap Chinese products at Wallmart. If we keep doing that there isn't going to be much of an economy left in this country.

My lousy $.01.

People who don't own cars can buy them. And then drive on the roads. The monorail and lightrail (Both are coming to Seattle). Are both running north-south. And have no plans to come over to the eastside of the lake. Plans for the lightrail keep getting scaled back due to financing problems and nimby's. I used to live in the bay area. And while granted it was many moons ago. My parents had to drive from vallejo to concorde to use the BART system. And was again nowhere near where my father worked.

By the way Ron that was funny. Morals being preached by a guy in the **** industry. :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Mustang Sallad, I'm with you on all the discriminating comments; and I imagine Ron Jeremy does not portray the feelings of most Mustang owners toward the issue. I'm assuming he's older and was just brought up in a very sheltered environment.

Ron, you have probably locked onto your beliefs, and they'll never change. But I think you need to strictly discuss Mustangs on these forums. Seriously. It's ok to be All-American and love your Mustangs, guns, etc...but cut the politics and comments about X people.

I also found it quite ironic that you you're so pro-America and anti-foreign anything, yet you own a Hyundai Sante Fe? :confused:

mustang sallad said:
This is trully a sad thing to read. You're generalizations are immensly insulting. My heart goes out to any muslim who happened to read this. I live in a very diverse city with a huge muslim population, and they are just as decent as people of any other religion or nationality. To take a handful of people who committed a horrible crime against humanity and decide that every one who's blood comes from the same part of the world as them is "anti-american" and "untrustworthy" is dispicable. What do you say about the boys in white hoods down south that kill in the name of christianity and america? Do they properly represent your religion or country? You need to learn a bit more about the outside world before you make these offending statements.
Normally I tell people they can believe what they want to believe, but when someone's beliefs harm other decent people, that's crossing a line, whether you're a car-obsessed american insulting an entire nation of people, or some psycho crashing a plane into a building.

Actually you know you should really go read the Koran before you suggest that their religion is just like any other. Now im not talking about the americanized version of it which is just like any modernistic religion (that just goes along with generally accepted principals) but the true koran. I haven't read the whole thing but what I have seen looks like it teaches abuse to women and hatred calling for action against blasphemous religions (in other words if you dont believe in what the koran says your absouletly wrong which is fine...but also to do something about it).

BTW, im in no way against anyone of another country or religion. I'm a freedomist. But i do believe that things should be offered the way they really are and not manipulated to be politically correct. Noone would ever say in their political life that the teachings in the middle east are very cruel...but they really are. There is a movement to change this which is good but again the original text supporting the religion is very offensive to me.

kirkyg

yesterday i paid 2.35 a gallon for 87 unleaded. :notnice:

the biggest problem i have with this is that there is such a huge disparity between the prices around the country. the california government has screwed us over so much with their inept management of the energy needs that you just get used to it. now some brilliant congresswoman is proposing ANOTHER increase of like 6-10 cents per gallon of gas. talk about retards.

1990StangLX said:
yesterday i paid 2.35 a gallon for 87 unleaded. :notnice:

the biggest problem i have with this is that there is such a huge disparity between the prices around the country. the california government has screwed us over so much with their inept management of the energy needs that you just get used to it. now some brilliant congresswoman is proposing ANOTHER increase of like 6-10 cents per gallon of gas. talk about retards.

Cali gets screwed hard. you guys are about 50¢ more than most of the country. I'm pissed 87 is $1.80 where I live

Papa Georgio said:
Iraq and any other part of the world is not creating any ecenomic problems for the U.S. The U.S. is creating its own problems. We are importing oil from the arab world, they do not have to sell us anything at all but they CHOOSE to. To say that Iraq is the cause of americas problems is just like George W wants you to believe.

You are correct that Americans have no one to blame except themselves for "high" oil prices. Reducing oil consumption is something that most Americans just will not do. Millions of barrels of oil could be saved if people with oil heat would have their furnaces or boilers tuned up every year or two. But that's too much efffort for most Americans. Most simply let anything they own run until it dies.

SUV's are another problem. What most families need is a station wagon. But wagons aren't hip so they buy over priced trucks with station wagon bodies on them that get horrible gas mileage and raise oil prices for all of us due to their excessive consumption.

The Saudis and other members of OPEC (not all OPEC members are Arab) are just being smart business people. The US gets a large amount of crude oil and refined products like gasoline from Venezuala, which I belive is an OPEC member. They know that if they raise prices too much it will negatively effect the US (& world's economy). So they walk a tightrope in keeping prices as high as possible without having too negative an effect on the world's economy. Given the same opportunity there is not a person here in the US who would not do the exact same thing that OPEC is doing.

Finally, if you haven't noticed it, the US dollar has declined in value by a HUGE amount. A year or so ago it was 85 US $ to the EURO, It's now 123 US $$ to a EURO. Since oil is predomently priced in US $$ now one wants to be paid less. Given that the Bush adminstration wants the dollar to sink (even though they give us BS about a stong $) and the US's huge trade deficet has to ultimately lead to a weaker $. So get used to paying higher priced for your gasoline as well as anything else made with or from oil.

PS, PAPA, your statement that AMERICAN IS IGNORANT is rather offensive to me. Many Americans are ignorant, but a lot of us are not.

351CJ said:
You are correct that Americans have no one to blame except themselves for "high" oil prices. Reducing oil consumption is something that most Americans just will not do. Millions of barrels of oil could be saved if people with oil heat would have their furnaces or boilers tuned up every year or two. But that's too much efffort for most Americans. Most simply let anything they own run until it dies.

SUV's are another problem. What most families need is a station wagon. But wagons aren't hip so they buy over priced trucks with station wagon bodies on them that get horrible gas mileage and raise oil prices for all of us due to their excessive consumption.

The Saudis and other members of OPEC (not all OPEC members are Arab) are just being smart business people. The US gets a large amount of crude oil and refined products like gasoline from Venezuala, which I belive is an OPEC member. They know that if they raise prices too much it will negatively effect the US (& world's economy). So they walk a tightrope in keeping prices as high as possible without having too negative an effect on the world's economy. Given the same opportunity there is not a person here in the US who would not do the exact same thing that OPEC is doing.

Finally, if you haven't noticed it, the US dollar has declined in value by a HUGE amount. A year or so ago it was 85 US $ to the EURO, It's now 123 US $$ to a EURO. Since oil is predomently priced in US $$ now one wants to be paid less. Given that the Bush adminstration wants the dollar to sink (even though they give us BS about a stong $) and the US's huge trade deficet has to ultimately lead to a weaker $. So get used to paying higher priced for your gasoline as well as anything else made with or from oil.

PS, PAPA, your statement that AMERICAN IS IGNORANT is rather offensive to me. Many Americans are ignorant, but a lot of us are not.

Geez this country is turning into a bunch of commies :notnice:

Laws of supply and demand control prices right? Whats wrong with increasing the supply? There is no true substitute for the gas engine right now thats feasible. Therefore the most affective way to handle this is to increase supply...BUT we can't do that because were not allowed to drill more.

kirkyg

Status
Not open for further replies.