3.55 Gears are In !!!!!!!

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
:jaw: :jaw:

WOW!!!!!!!! its a whole new car :banana: :banana: :banana: Now I can feel the power this thing has, damn those stock 2.73's are garbage. Just sucks I had to wait sooooo long to finially get gears in but it was worth the wait. I think Im actually getting better MPG then I was before, Its hard to tell though b/c I got into the boost alot on the interstate on the way home tonight..lol . I got beside a ricer w/ a coffe can muffler and got playing around w/ him, I ran him 3 times from about 85 MPH and each time he got :owned: so bad, I pulled about 5 car legnths on him the last time we ran. I just droped it in 4th and it was in the sweet spot for power. Im not braggin on trashing a 4 cly Import but it was alot of fun b/c it was my first real kill since my Blower install and w/ the 3.55's in. Now its back to the dyno on the 31st as long as the adjustible clutch quadrent that I bought fixes my pluaging cluch slipping problems.

• Sponsors (?)

:banana:

Sweet dude. 2.73 to 3.55 is a huge difference. Are the gears whining or anything?Mine did for a day right when I got em and I was like, ohhh mother******, but they have not made any noise since.And I love them.

I like how much more usable 3rd, 4th, and even 5th are. Not only for keeping you in the powerband ,but low speed drivability is awesome with them.

I would say nice kill but, c'mon try something your own size. j/k j/k :D

Sleepy McNastee said:
:banana:

Sweet dude. 2.73 to 3.55 is a huge difference. Are the gears whining or anything?

I would say nice kill but, c'mon try something your own size. j/k j/k :D

Nope there silent, I bought them used off Ebay for $100 about 4 yrs ago and they have a good tooth pattern in them. They dont wine at all they were in really good shape.

yeah I know it was just a ricer but Im working my way up.....watch out LS1's your day is comming :D

chefster said:
what are your rpms at 80

2,500 RPM's at 80 MPH. At 60 MPH its at about 2,000 RPM's. For anyone else that gets 3.55's you need the white 23 tooth spedo gear. I got mine from Mustangs Unlimited, its very very close to being dead on. I havent paced anyone yet but I bet its really really close to being perfect.

RIO5.0 said:
Where you going to dyno??? Concord again?? I swapped TBs on mine tonite..I bought a 93 Corba TB and it whistled??? so I swapped on my 65 explorer one and its cured...reset the TPS, threw some new NGKs in it, set the FP and Im ready to re-dyno...I was gonna call Dave at CM tommorrow to set something up...Let me know if your going to CM...maybe I'll hook up with you guys???

Andy... Screw CM peformance those guys are bunk , unless its a FWD Import then they dont know how to tune a lawnmower. Come w/ us down to Concord on July 31st, the dyno day is all set we called them today to set it all up. Should be either $40 or $50 for 3 pulls w/ the A/F ratio, Or I think there doing like $75 for an hr or so of tunning.

Sweet....I couldn't believe the dif when it put my 355s in...Its sooo different....
I got a set of 373s that are just begging to be throw in... :D Now that I have the 18s on she dont blow the tires away in 2nd like it used to...maybe sone 373s will remedy that... :rolleyes:

Where you going to dyno??? Concord again?? I swapped TBs on mine tonite..I bought a 93 Corba TB and it whistled??? so I swapped on my 65 explorer one and its cured...reset the TPS, threw some new NGKs in it, set the FP and Im ready to re-dyno...I was gonna call Dave at CM tommorrow to set something up...Let me know if your going to CM...maybe I'll hook up with you guys???

Sleepy McNastee said:
Oh damn. You sat on gears for that long? That's willpower right there.

Btw, does it chirp/break loose in 3rd? Just curious.

I think they will break loose in 3ed, its hard to tell if they chip b/c my exhuast is so loud but it does have ALOT of yank in third.

I know 4 yrs is a long wait but I dident know anyone that could put them in and all the shops I checked at wanted like $300-$400 to put them in.....no thanks not when I only paid $100 for them. Thanks to my friend chris they are finially in, he has all the tools to do gear swaps, its good to know people :D

Thats cool you know someone with the tools and willingess to do it. I kinda wish I had gone with 3.55's, cause I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be pegging the rev limiter in 4th unless I get taller tires for the track. The guy who installed them kept telling me this ,but of course I was like ohh Ill just get taller tires.Yeah, and a new tranny, and axles, and a rollcage...

RIO5.0 said:
The only reason I use CM is thats where I base lined...I been like 3 times...I hate to go somewhere else and have to start over again...I checked a place by NED and he also had a different dyno and told we I'd be off from CMs machine...
Dave only drives the car..I do all my own wrenching/tuning, which I like...I may still hook-up with you just the same for Concord...Just for comparision sake... :D Sounds like a plan... :nice:

Once you go to concord you wont ever go back to CM. You can drive your own car at Concord and its a real dyno jet unlike the one at CM. You may have your baseline there but so did I. Id much rather travel to concord then to go to CM. Just come to the dyno day w/ us, you will see.....

The only reason I use CM is thats where I base lined...I been like 3 times...I hate to go somewhere else and have to start over again...I checked a place by NED and he also had a different dyno and told we I'd be off from CMs machine...
Dave only drives the car..I do all my own wrenching/tuning, which I like...I may still hook-up with you just the same for Concord...Just for comparision sake... :D Sounds like a plan... :nice:

All right...You talked me into it..I better make more HP than I did at CM or I'm gonna blame you... :D

Seriously tho...I'm game....I can hook up with you here on your way to Rt4 in Northwood...Is that the way you went???

RIO5.0 said:
All right...You talked me into it..I better make more HP than I did at CM or I'm gonna blame you... :D

Seriously tho...I'm game....I can hook up with you here on your way to Rt4 in Northwood...Is that the way you went???

I know we took RT 4 so we must have gone through Northwood. Let me know where you want to meet up in Northwood and I'll let the other guys know. Ther should be 6 or 7 of us comming from the Club. I know we went through 2 rotorys, is one of them in or near northwood, I know theres a Mcdonalds ritght at the second one, is that a good place to meet up?

RIO5.0 said:
I'll meet you in Rochester....thats where your gonna pick up the road to Northwood....I know exactly how your coming....Your coming from Sanford ME, then into East Rochester...I can meet you at the exit you take from the turnpike... :nice:

Keep me posted... :banana: Lets beat em up some... :D

Ok that sounds good, I'll give you a time when it gets closer to the date. You may also want to keep tabs on the SSOM MEMBERS thread in the North East section.

VibrantRedGT said:
Man you went backwards, blower before gears. So your putting an air filter on next then.

:p no the K&N was the first mod along w/ removing the silencer. Then came the UD pullies, then the Exhuast, then the Cobra Intake and MAF and other various bolt ons and then the Paxton and then the gears. Everything was pretty much in order excpet for doing the gears so late, then again Im a little diffrent anyway :crazy:

I'll meet you in Rochester....thats where your gonna pick up the road to Northwood....I know exactly how your coming....Your coming from Sanford ME, then into East Rochester...I can meet you at the exit you take from the turnpike... :nice:

Keep me posted... :banana: Lets beat em up some... :D