3:55's or 3:73's?

well, first, what is the difference, like 200rpms?
here's my story.. a guy i know has a set of 3:55's i can have for like $75, and he will install them for about $75. I will most likely go with that. But if i were to get 3:73's for full price, i dont think it would be worth it, cause isnt it only a 200rpm difference?
what do you all think? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Depends how much power your pushing through those gears. If you looking for more slow end then top end, then obviously get the tall gear. 3.55s will be alot more comfortable on the street, but still have some punch behind them. If u can get them for 75$, then go for it. BTW, Ive got some 4.10s for sale if you wanna go even higher.

3.73's are probally the best all around general gear. If you install the 3.55's, you might wish you went a little steeper, 4.10's are a little steep, but if your running tall rear tires they might be a better gear.

The difference is the simple ratio of the gears. Divide one by the other. There's only a 5% difference - that would apply to engine speeds as well; whatever your engine speed is with the 3.55's, it will be about 5% higher with the 3.73's. 2000 rpm with 3.55's would be about 2100 rpm with 3.73's. Many tachs/speedos aren't even that accurate. Toss a coin to decide.