3.73, 3.90, or 4.10

• Sponsors (?)

4.10s here Love 'em bout 700-800 rpm extra at 80mph but beware u need a chip for any gears above 3.55 the tranny will have issues shifting at WOT especially with a modded engine. the stock computer only recognizes the output from 2.73 - 3.55 gears check out the website for level10. they have great info there.

I would say 4:10's as well. I went with 3:73s in my AODE and I was a little disappointed. I will swap to 4:10s in the summer. I have never heard about having to get a chip. I don't think that why car has any problems with shifting. I will look more into it though.

You do need a chip for a 4.10 and an automatic trans because you will have issues with the rev limiter. As I understand, the 4.10's pull so fast, the computer doesn't think the car needs to be shifted because it's pulling so hard and the car smacks the limiter. That is of course, if you can keep the tires planted.

Joe

id say 4.10s also. i dont know what your highway cruising speeds are but id be pretty sure 4.10s will be fine. 3.90s would be ok i suppose considering automatics do have a constant converter slip. the 3.73 i about wouldnt bother with unless you have stick or stall.

stunner6910 said:
what website?
sorry i did the pooch and thought i linked level10s website also for you guiys who read MM&FF magazine i think it was back in sep when the posted my question about the shifting problem i was having they gave a brief discription and recomended LEVEL10 i went to their website tons of good info there along with magazine articles. dont just listen to me do yourself a favor and veiw their site or give em a call.

stunner6910 said:
where is this chip sold and about how much will it cost
?

Level 10 burns onto a superchips wich is what i got you can get it burned anywhere on several different chips. But i trusted level 10 and they got it right the first time. 6,000 rpm and bam the tranny shifted just as i asked for. no speed limiter and lots of other things are possible. unfortunately the stock tranny didnt like going to 6,000 rpm and shifting hard so im waiting for my new tranny to show up anytime now :)