3.73 gears!?

heckish

Aug 5, 2003
nc
Ok, so i ordered a sport chip, 3.73 gears, racing spline, cold air, and pulleys from rpmoutlet.com Everything came except for the gears. I called adn they said I should have them the following week; friday of that week comes and still no gears. I called today and they are back ordered until late august early september! Hell if im waiting that long. Does anyone know where i can buy 3.73 gears for a 1998 v6 5 speed mustang??

THe chip i have is programmed according to the # on my computer under the passenger kick board...would any set of 3.73 gears work? Rpmoutlet said they had programmed the chip for the gears so i assume any set of 3.73's will work? Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

I think that the 98s have a 7.5 rear. but i wouldnt think that the 7.5 3.73 gears would be a problem finding. what brand did you order? are you picky about brands?
if i was you, i would call them, tell them that you dont want to wait, have them refund your $ and then call summit or get a mustang mag and find a company with them in stock.

I bout a posi-traction 28 tooth racing spline from rpmoutlet..i recieved it..just need the gears, ya i think im going to call on monday and be like 'gimme my money bitchs!' lol thanks for the help guys. yea i never buy used auto parts, no worries.

does that site listed above not sell them? I would like to buy them new if possible and not off ebay. Im a noob when it comes to cars so thanks for your help and patience :)

Anything gears should be bought new, and GEFR has them. 7.5" rear end - T-lok / posi. Buy new, not from some shmuck off eBay. 75% of the time eBay sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls. You can get screwed a lot there, so be careful.