3.73 made me slower?

• Sponsors (?)

Dizzy the 5.0 mod bug has a hold of you! May the force be with you. :D

:lol: It's true. I have the bug myself. I have a 93 gt vert and I'm getting a new set of underdrive pulleys for 35 bucks. Alternator, crank, and water pump. I'm keeping the stock alternator pulley and only going to change the water pump and crankcase. I have an 180 degree thermostat, so hopefully, my car does not run much warmer.

I know it has me by my wallet. We just let a guy go at work so now im kind of scared to be dishing out this kind of money. But i dont see me having this chance to do it all at once coming anytime soon other then now so im going for it :flag:

I bought my girlfriend a nice camera so maybe my track videos wont look like crap! lol. The hate my car gets at the track is probably the best part of the whole experiance. (I always hear that guy is going to lose or that POS ford is going down) and then i smoke the guy and they just sit there speechless. The track guy must hate me though, he always puts me with the crazy cars. Maybe now i can be one of the crazy cars?! (The one thing he does alot is put me with the 16 second civics wich makes me feel bad.)

On a side note id like to thank the guys who have stuck with me on here through all of the mods and giving me alot of good info. :SNSign:

Okay so everything is bought, just have to wait for it all to come in. i guess i had a choice of the v1-v2-v3 superchargers, i went with the v1. I love the sound of it and only having to worry about oil changes for the engine sounded like the good way to go. I might actually get this done before the track opens! that would be awesome.

well my car started acting up so i called in and they said they have almost all of my parts! So the car is going in for all of the goodies + a dyno tune! Also getting a drive shaft safty loop, The track re-opens march 6th but i think its going to be rained out. that'll give me some time to drive the car and get used to it again. Cant wait to see that boost gauge :D

It obviously helped you off the line, but you just dont have enough power, 96mph is pretty low. Losing alittle mph after gears is normal. Gears dont give you more power, they just make your wheels spin faster, which you saw help out off the line, like I said you need more power to finish it off. When you can get over 100mph and a set of slicks or dr's, those gears will be helping. And dont spend too much time in thrid, you need to shift to fourth with 3.73's, shift into fourth like you shifted into second and third. I would set your timing to about 14 and shift at about 5400 use premium gas and thatll be the best you can do till you get some more power or lose weight, the car not you.

EDIT: I kept on reading, saw you got it running good.

It obviously helped you off the line, but you just dont have enough power, 96mph is pretty low. Losing alittle mph after gears is normal. Gears dont give you more power, they just make your wheels spin faster, which you saw help out off the line, like I said you need more power to finish it off. When you can get over 100mph and a set of slicks or dr's, those gears will be helping. And dont spend too much time in thrid, you need to shift to fourth with 3.73's, shift into fourth like you shifted into second and third. I would set your timing to about 14 and shift at about 5400 use premium gas and thatll be the best you can do till you get some more power or lose weight, the car not you.

EDIT: I kept on reading, saw you got it running good.

Yeah i learned pretty fast fourth was my best friend.

Sorry, Im not up to date!

How much boost are you going with? Is it still the factory block?

Its okay, it has been pretty slow (saving for all of those parts) 8 psi and meth/water injection. This is the stock block and i plan to run it for some time and take a break from buying parts for speed and start my interior black out/white gauges. I guess i can skip 300 HP and maybe if i dont drive like a complete idiot skip 12 seconds? lol (I doubt the 12 seconds) but you never know!

Thanks for keeping up with the mods. im giving him extra time for the tune so i have no clue when ill be back in my stang. For now a saturn ION! ha ha ha haha >.<

Here are some new pics along with the Dyno sheet. I have a video but i need to edit it because it was too long.

Right before i went to pick up my car, my friend from work let me drive his Turbo evo clone, and holy crap i love the sound of turbos, every time the BOV would go off id get a huge smile on my face. Then when i got in my car it was a whole different beast. anywho here is the pics!

img015.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

013.jpg

The red and green light are for the meth/water. The green means its on and the red means its low. the car is making 8-10 pounds of boost depending on how far i rev it. Its loud and the gauges are awesome :D Im going to change the LED's in the cluster to blue over the weekend and ill post pics of that. Steeda didnt do to bad with that cam :D

Thanks :D 114k miles on the stock clutch and its still holding that power... Going to need a new one once i start making passes i bet ;p

Im not the only one!!! I put down 416hp and 407 tq on a mustang dyno with the stock clutch. i think its my only saving grace on the stock tranny... A little slip=a little longevity :D