3:73 or 4:10 gears????

• Sponsors (?)

93stangTN said:
is 4:10's hard on the motor???? a few people have told me that, but would it be much worse then 3:73's???? i planned on 4:10s, but some people say 3:73.... i dont know what to do???? i would go 4:10s if i know it wouldnt be hard on the car... its only goin to be a weekend car, and at the track a few times...

Well if it is only a weekend car and a track car...I would go with the 4:10's just 'cuz.

410's aren't "hard" on the motor...but they do induce more wear on the engine due to the higher sustained rpm over a given amount of time or mileage.

bluevenom867 - Since you only have 3 gears to work with I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say 373's but of course this depends on what kind of mods you have for your car as not to run out of gear. A buddy of mine has 373's with his newly swapped in C4 but he is running it at a 1000' ft. track.

5spd GT said:
Well if it is only a weekend car and a track car...I would go with the 4:10's just 'cuz.

410's aren't "hard" on the motor...but they do induce more wear on the engine due to the higher sustained rpm over a given amount of time or mileage.

bluevenom867 - Since you only have 3 gears to work with I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say 373's but of course this depends on what kind of mods you have for your car as not to run out of gear. A buddy of mine has 373's with his newly swapped in C4 but he is running it at a 1000' ft. track.

Wow,you hit it right on (actauly Im not that impresed :rolleyes: ,lol)

Yea right now I run 3.73 with M/T drag radial there 60R's so that equal to a 28' tall tire.Was thinking about going to a 4:10 gear,maybe even a 4:56 for the 1/8 mile, but I know street driving will suffer pretty bad.

btw,the 8" PTC converter runs just fine on the street... :)