3.73 OR 4.10????????

stanglova95

Aug 18, 2007
To be honest, I dont understand the difference between a 3.73 and 4.10. I have a 95 v6 manual mustang and i want to add one of the two since everyone talks about them. If someone can tell me the difference between the two and wheather either will reduce my top speed and stuff, i would appreaciate it.

THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

V6?? either gear is good.. the 3.73s is the most common with a 5 spd. it will feel like a new engine in there.. the way it takes off!! and yes, your top end will drop!! but getting there will be twice as fun..

Just me...............................

Thumper

Yes, acceleration is quicker. Yes, top end is decreased slightly. Yes, you will enjoy the new mod. No you will not lose mpg (some actually gain 1-2 per gallon).

Hope that helps.

I don't mean to doubt anyone here, but i'm just making sure. You're sure that a new set of gears won't drop mpg? Because I'm thinking of getting a new set too. Which set is better if you have a supercharger or turbocharger?

Come on!! WHY a gear?? for a quicker car..yes?? then how can you think that the 4.10s wont lower your MPG... come on!!

The 4.10 WONT... but your driving WILL!! Get real here... !! cool??

Just me.......................................

Thumper