3.73 rear end continued

302fordracer

Mar 27, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Those were good replies guys they confirmed what I thought the price should be but I have been talking to the places I called again and one place said that I would have to install a whole load of other crap to make it work such as bearings and what have you.....and the ford dealership said that they aren't allowed to do such work because it changes the EPA of the car....I told this guy that is a load of crap by that logic you cannot perform a tune up!!!!!! So for real I think that the places in this town are just trying to screw me or is there really other things that need to be installed with the ring and pinion to make everything work right? I would have my mechanic buddies help me out on this but none of them have the tools nor the time...so if there are any well known national companies that will do this for cheaper than 500 bucks please lemme know! Thanks everyone you're always a big help.

Attachments

• ford.bmp
    73.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Sponsors (?)

Yea Make some friends. Mine overhauled my tranny, installed shift kit,rear main seal, oil pan gasket, gears, rear brakes, swaybar link, cleaned injectors and other minor things for about 950 parts and labor :D