3.73 vs. 4.10.....

• Sponsors (?)

the lower the gear the lower your top speed is going to be, you will run out of gear alot faster with 410s..those being the lower gears..so your top speed is going to be lower with 410s but when you race you will have the advantage because of the amount of torque you will get out of them, 373s are just good all around daily driver and race gears, there not to low but there not to high, there just about right, i have 373s an i love them, with 410s you will be shifting alot quicker and possibly even using 5th gear on regular roads, my friend has 410s an he uses 5th on normal roads when its usually just for highway use. price wise they are all about the same from ford motorsports. gears make a huge difference in acceleration, so if your looking to win races easier and your car isnt an all the time driver where you have to commute then get 410s but if your always commuting an driving around just go with the 373s.

I would say with a manual go 3.73's and an auto maybe go for some 4.10's. If you race a lot then maybe go with the 4.10's also. The 3.73's are great for the street, I couldn't believe how much difference mine made. Either way you'll be pleasantly suprised. Oh, and BTW they both should cost the same.

I have 4.10s in my daily driver. I was scared to at first cuz i drive about 20 miles to work each way everyday and do a lot of driving afterwards. But my gas mileage only went up a little. Nothing that the enjoyment of the gears didnt make up for. RPMs go way up on the highway. That also scared me at first but you get used to it and it doesnt really hurt anything so who cares. Lastly, I did lose a lot of top end like when on the highway and all. However, after I installed my intake and MAF, I got almost all of that high end back. Dont be scared of the gears. They can be worrisome at first but you get used to the few backfalls that arise and you concentrate on how GREAT they are!!! Go by the 3.73/manual, 4.10/auto rule and you should be fine and so much happier. :)

I am also trying to make the same decision. My car is a daily driver but never see's the highway. Im going with just bolt ons for now. But I was curious if anyone was using 3.90's?

Love my 4.10's in my daily driven 5-speed coupe. Had 3.73's and they are a good gear but I wish I had just gone with 4.10's the first time. Like jmuva44, I was scared that they would be too steep but for a N/A car I think they are great. If you can hook, they propel you out of the hole like a bat out of hell. 4.10's will hurt your theoretical top speed, but unless you plan on doing 170mph jaunts with Z06's then it shouldn't be an issue. I have no problem burying my speedo needle with the 4.10's and it gets there a helluva lot faster than with the 3.27's and 3.73's I used to have. Some people have a problem with topping out at 130-140 because they are afraid imports will be passing by with higher top speeds, but hello, by the time you top out you will have left them a few carlengths behind anyway (unless they drive a Supra instead of a Civic). Besides, ~135 is more than enough to get you in trouble...and if you want to do 150+ on public roads then you don't need to be driving anyway.