3.73's installed.. few questions though

• Sponsors (?)

Chin said:
mainly my questions include break in procedure... what should i do to break in the 3.73's keep in mind they are used though not brand new but any ideas would be great thanks...

As long as you used the same shims and they were installed correctly, I wouldn't worry about breaking them in.

But if you replaced your bearings, I wouldn't spin them too high. Keep your speed under 55 or so for a couple days.

You didn't forget to add friction modifier, right?
Scott

my 3.73s whine a lil under acceleration...always have since i had them installed....even though the guy did em really cheap it still worries me that they will have to be replaced one day....hands down it has 2 be the best mod ive done 2 my car to date...really woke it up cant imagine puttin the factory ones back in...let me know what you guys think...how long will they last and is it dangerous 2 drive this way

golfpro187ho said:
my 3.73s whine a lil under acceleration...always have since i had them installed....even though the guy did em really cheap it still worries me that they will have to be replaced one day....hands down it has 2 be the best mod ive done 2 my car to date...really woke it up cant imagine puttin the factory ones back in...let me know what you guys think...how long will they last and is it dangerous 2 drive this way

They probably didn't change the shims and just swapped the gears. Take it to a shop before you break a gear.
Scott