3.73's Installed Finally

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Well, I got a GREAT deal on my installation so I went ahead and got them put in today. Well, they are great, and the car feels a lot smoother getting into the powerband. It didnt do anything HUGE like push me back in the seat or anything, but it definately feels like I got the missing torque of no cats back. (Although I know I didnt) Hmm, dont know if Id go 4.10's on a daily driver, as the RPM can be annoying with 2 chambers and prochamber that drones a lot, but maybe the 4.10s would make it better to deal with. Its not bad in 5th gear at highway speeds, but it can be drony. Well, I need to give Charlie Potter of CPR performance 2 huge thumbs up. He is a great guy and does great work, so anyone in the Columbia or surrounding area should give this guy your business, hes great. Overall Im happy, but kinda wanted more, so all the Dont fear the gear people can say " I told you so" and Im going to have to drive a 4.10 car to find out for myself, but we'll see. I think these are a great gear for a d/d car. Well thats my 2 cents fwiw. Also, I dont drag race so thats a good thing and a main reason I didnt go for the 4.10s. Well, thanks again to Charlie, if you ever read this, youre the man. That is all

• Sponsors (?)

are 410's that big a difference...i kno u should get the 373's if your gonna get a blower...like i plan to....but in the meantime has neone tested both and seen a big difference?

4:10's all the way.

Don't fear the gear. 4:10's as a minimum.
I have a 2002 Mustang GT with 4:10's and aluminum drive shaft, great combo.
I drag race a little but this car is my daily driver.
At 70 MPH in 5th gear I pull 2300 RPM's.
Also, it is a myth that 1st gear is not usable, it is very usable.
Even if you are driving normally, 1st gear is very usable. I have had 4:10 gears in since March of this year and love them. 1st and 2nd gear are awesome. Even 5th gear becomes usable while cruising and passing. No downshifting required.
In the city when I am doing 40 MPH I am in 5th gear.
I have driven newer stangs with 3:73's and I am glad I didn't go that route.
4:10's all the way, do not fear the gear. Hey looking back now I wish I would have went with 4:30's.
Paul from NJ.

I paid 200 bucks to get them installed. I provided the gears, bearings, and speedcal, and a tube of friction modifier, but I still got a GREAT deal. Hes a great guy to work with.

4:10's

I have an 03 GT convt with 4:10's, ally drive line also and what a huge difference they made over the stock put the power band right where it's needed.
I have flowmaters 40's also and get the drone that everone talks about but it's only around 2000 rpm and sounds good! and 5th gear with 4:10's at 70 mph 2700 rpm. 1st & 2nd are very fast 3rd is all about the tq 4th @ 4000 rmp is scary and 5th like said earlier you can drive around town @ 30 mph. :banana: