3.90's or 373's for s-trim 347?

Joe 5.0

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2002
Macomb, MI (metro detroit)
I am putting an s-trim on my Cobra this winter, and I know the 3.55's in there right now are going to hold me back. I'm stuck on what to do with the gears.

I can go with 373's, stay with 26" tall slicks for the track, and have decent driveability. Or go a lil more wilder and throw 3.90's in and go with a 28" slick for the track. I'm sure acceleration with the 3.90's will be wicked, but you guyst hink it will be too much? I dont want to be spinning until 100mph because I geared it up too much.

I use 315/35/17 Nitto DR's for the street, which are 26" tall.

I'm planning for ~ 500-550rwhp, and I'd assume it'd run low 11's @ ~ 120-125mph.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know you are at all that much of a disadvantage with what you now got :shrug:

I've seen quite a few of the power adder guys move away from steeper ratios and go down to 355's :)

The info is of course there ... if you wanna search it out :shrug:

Grady

Hell they dont hook now with like 300rwhp, so no way they will with the blower. :lol:

I'm keeping an eye out for a deal on some et streets or et drags, but I have until spring to buy em so no hurry.

I guess I'll just wait & see how it feels, and if it needs the extra gear. :shrug: