3" catbacks....

• Sponsors (?)

If you need new Mac I can save you a little ;)

I'm going to have to buy new headers eventually. I'm trying to put it off as long as possible, but my old BBKs are beer can thin now. I've already replaced one primary. I'm considering Mac ones, but I just have such unfond memories I've trying to get their old stuff to fit with a hammer.

Kurt

I'm going to have to buy new headers eventually. I'm trying to put it off as long as possible, but my old BBKs are beer can thin now. I've already replaced one primary. I'm considering Mac ones, but I just have such unfond memories I've trying to get their old stuff to fit with a hammer.

Kurt

Yeah I had a set of long tubes years ago, I remember prying the flange over to get them to bolt up, other then that they fit great. Ive never been a huge BBK fan when it comes to long tubes headers, the 351W swap headers always seem to hit the firewall. Buying a chrome header from anyone is a joke....

I just checked the Mac website, and the BBK headers are $50 more. BBK finally started offering a 1 and 3/4" primary header for our cars. I think I'll stick with the BBK for that little price difference.

Kurt

Rick send me a price here or PM for what you can get me the prochamber for. Does not seem as though the other one I was looking at is going to work out someone else beat me to it. They are picking it up tomorrow as far as I know so the sale is not 100% done but it does not look good for me lol. I wanted the 3" Prochamber.

The prochamber is gooooneeee. So We are on rick :) Just let me know if you have them in stock and if not when you will. Good price btw beat the lowest price I could find online by $4 :)

Now I'm racking my brain as far as what mufflers I want to run. I was thinking magnaflows but I have run those before even though they will sound different with the prochamber and Longtubes. I was considering Borla since I have not run them at all before and they do sound pretty good.

Ohhhhh sweet ;) I could not find them in 3" the best I found was 2.5" for $131. Maybe b/c I was searching by non offset inlet/outlet.

I might not be able to do the whole set up in one shot but that is the set up I want and I will get it from you (really good prices). I'll prob get the mid pipe once you know its available to be shipped out and I'll get the Borla's on pay day next week.

no problem, I tend to keep that sytle muffler offset like stock, allows you to make tail pipes easier...

Heres the 3" X I fabbed...I hate those damn 3 bolt old school flanges.

Attachments

• 3 inch X.jpg
    3 inch X.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 63
that looks pretty nice. I plan on doing the whole exhaust with band clamps and cutting the very end of the prochamber off where the flange is and the end of it flares out to hold it on so it is a straight 3" pipe where I can bland clamp it to the cats and to the mufflers. Would you advise anything else? Only reason I want to do it this way is b/c the long tubes have no flange on them and just come off as a straight 3" pipe as do the cats.