Fox 3" Collector Reducers

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
15 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
So I got a new to me pair of LT headers. 1 3/4" primaries and 3" collector. I have to measure, but I believe my current exhaust is 2.5 inches. All of the ball flange reducers I can find online are 3 bolt designs, where as mine are only two.

The exception is Flowmaster, who makes a 2 bolt 3 to 2.5, but he want $93 for the pair. All of the 3 bolt designs are a third of that price.

What have yall done to make this work in the past? Do I have any other options?

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

They don't happen to be BBK 1 and 3/4" headers? If they are, then they claim they are reduced to a 3" collector, but they are actually more like a 2.5" collector. I just ran into this. If they are BBK longtubes, then you need to keep your stock 2.5" socket joints. I bought 3" to 2.5" reducers only have to send them back, because they were too big. Ended up re using my old 2.5" socket joints. Don't be confused by my sig, I'm actually running Foxbody headers on my SN. If they are made my another manufacturer, like Mac, I would call and ask to make sure that a 3" socket joint is what you actually need.

What I did do, which would have worked had the socket had not been too big was buy a set of Hedman reducers, part number 21119 off of Summit, then I took my original 2.5" 2 bolt flanges and put them over the new Hedman sockets. At worse, you are going to have to buy longer studs for the headers which are $1.50/each at Ace hardware. I would not have had to buy longer studs for my setup.

Kurt

They don't happen to be BBK 1 and 3/4" headers? If they are, then they claim they are reduced to a 3" collector, but they are actually more like a 2.5" collector. I just ran into this. If they are BBK longtubes, then you need to keep your stock 2.5" socket joints. I bought 3" to 2.5" reducers only have to send them back, because they were too big. Ended up re using my old 2.5" socket joints. Don't be confused by my sig, I'm actually running Foxbody headers on my SN. If they are made my another manufacturer, like Mac, I would call and ask to make sure that a 3" socket joint is what you actually need.

What I did do, which would have worked had the socket had not been too big was buy a set of Hedman reducers, part number 21119 off of Summit, then I took my original 2.5" 2 bolt flanges and put them over the new Hedman sockets. At worse, you are going to have to buy longer studs for the headers which are $1.50/each at Ace hardware. I would not have had to buy longer studs for my setup.

Kurt

They are Mac. I actually just read an old post concerning the ball flanges being smaller than they should. I will have to look into this.

Joe