Fox 3" or 2.5" exhaust setup for stock 302?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Need to buy a whole new exhaust setup. H pipe, mufflers, and tailpipes. I really like flowmasters 3" tailpipes, should I just get 3" everything? Stock 302 except cold air intake and shorty headers. Eventually I want to add more power.

• Sponsors (?)

2.5" dual exhaust is more than enough for even high HP setups. If you want 3" tips, you can do that, but it will be easier fitting 2.5" exhaust under the car

Reactions: 1 user
3' tips? And you are not satisfied with the look? your just not satisfied!
as far as 3" exhaust goes, they take up space under the car so if it's lowered it can get problematic, 2.5' till you get over the rear housing and around the fuel tank then 3'' works well, besides you need the back pressure! :rolleyes:

3' tips? And you are not satisfied with the look? your just not satisfied!
as far as 3" exhaust goes, they take up space under the car so if it's lowered it can get problematic, 2.5' till you get over the rear housing and around the fuel tank then 3'' works well, besides you need the back pressure! :rolleyes:
i like it to look discreet and close to stock, not riced out with a 3" tip...it doesnt look good but maybe it will grow on me. id rather do a 2.5' tip but pypes violators doesnt have an attachable 2.5' tip