$300 alignment?!

eleanor'03

Sep 9, 2004
I installed sports springs myself last winter and i finally decided to do my alignment done this week. A buddy of mine who helped do some body work recommended a repair/performance shop that could do alignment with new C&C plates, which i bought, because they are needed when lowering a car. They wanted to charge me 250 for it and i thought that was crazy but i was fed up and couldnt find neone around me to do it so i said fine. The price came out to be 300 bucks! cause of the time spent to do it. Is it j/ me or is that price ridiculous and i should disgrace their name to everyone?

• Sponsors (?)

did they install the plates for you? they probably charged you hourly to install them. which C/C plates did you get? if they were one of the 4 bolt ones and it was their first time doing it, i could see how they would charge that much.

My last alignment was $59 and was guaranteed for six months or 6000 miles from Sears Automotive. However, I do not recommend Sears Automotive, I do not go there anymore :nonono:

Anyway, I could see spending $300 for an alignment if it was a really good alignment on a special machine made specifically for lowered cars...

Did they give you a printout of your final specs? Did they tell you how out of spec you were before they aligned it?

eleanor'03 said:
cause of the time spent to do it.
sounds like you got charged by the hour insted of the job.

droptopponynj said:
damn, i got an alignment and oil change for 75.
pansy, do your own oil :D

Green Flea said:
For $300 you could have gotten a lifetime alignment on 2 different cars. You got raped.
go back to school boy.

bdcardinal said:
did they install the plates for you? they probably charged you hourly to install them. which C/C plates did you get? if they were one of the 4 bolt ones and it was their first time doing it, i could see how they would charge that much.

yea it was the 4 bolt and they did charge me hourly...it was a raping

well they had to remove the struts to install the plates. then drill the hole. so they charged you labor to remove the struts, then probably added another hour maybe hour and a half to for the C/C plate install. they had to bust out the rivets from the factory(takes a couple minutes, but they probably have a flat rate for that).