>300rwhp/tq with "world class" t5?

• Sponsors (?)

you should be fine with the wc t5. if you plan on doing anymore mods, i would seriously consider forking over another couple hundred for the tko 600 though. why spend the money twice. think about it

yeah, thanks. just found a tko500 on jegs, i see that it needs a new bellhousing and driveshaft yoke, but I can use the king cobra clutch. From what I'm reading on the forum, I have to upgrade the clutch with the 600.

All Mustang t-5's are world class...even 4-bangers.

It Z-spec that is the heavy duty trans

86 and newer are world class, the way you can tell is the main shaft has a bearing race in the front of the trans just behind and to the bottom left, of the input bearing retainer. i just went through the same thing in my 89. but i used the world class t5 and had whats called a z-spec tranny built a grand, it handles 350hp and somwhere around the same torque. also dont be fooled cause the non world class retaner for the main shaft looks like a freeze plug. ( when i say main shaft some call it a cluster shaft.):D

I have a t-5 that I had rebuild with world class bearing and sychros and i am putting 540 rwhp and havent had a problem yet and still running stock clutch too

Wait until you see what happens when you have a clutch that actually grabs.

to the OP, if you are tough on the car/trans (and most of us are), i wouldn't expect a new stock trans to last either.
G force or tko is the way to go.

Wait until you see what happens when you have a clutch that actually grabs.

to the OP, if you are tough on the car/trans (and most of us are), i wouldn't expect a new stock trans to last either.
G force or tko is the way to go.

Well If my clutch is slippin then I cant wait until I get a good one. When I was on motor everyone said Iwould rip it out with slicks and I was pulling 1.6s 60ft from a 4K rpm drop and done it 20 times in one day and drove it there and home and i have done it many times and now I am SC I am still running the same clutch that it made 540 rwhp with so :shrug:

I have a t-5 that I had rebuild with world class bearing and sychros and i am putting 540 rwhp and havent had a problem yet and still running stock clutch too

ill testify to this one, i cruise hickory with this cat and this car will run, as if it didnt before the s/c. i have my 89 with a 306 around 300hp and torque, and had z-spec built with my world class tranny i granaded. cost a fraction of a tko i think i never checked, cause ship time was two weeks, and im impatient. my guy had mine finshed in three days:D

i'm running a zpec t5 trans... seems to work alright for my combo, i havent had any problems with my new setup. i did SEVERAL 5k+ launches at the track when i had ported e7 and B-cam, rest of combo was same. car is making more power and so far on the street it does good. guess i havent really put a good load on it yet, but i have had my FMS HD clutch slip on me just playing around on the street.

if this one blows i will get a good one.