302 BOSS BLOCK VS MAN O WAR

a stock block/ Mex block will only hold 500-550fly hp even with a stud guirdle. looks like your in the same boat i'm in.

I dyno'd 477/464 at the wheels with 11lbs on my turbocharged 349 stroker - It will last for a while but pretty much a ticking time bomb.

• Sponsors (?)

It looks like 10secgoal was right after all:( the bores are shorter, but just because Ford disigned it that way so you dont have to notch it, I would have left the bores longer for more piston skirt support, even with a notch in the bore it would have added more support.
But, the question is still out there. I am running a paxton supercharger with around 15 psi and NOS. Ported 202 Edelbrock rpm heads Nos is set at ony 150 horse shot but can go up to 400. Victor jr intake with a holley commander 950 fuel injection, set up to flow up to 960 CFM
I have a Mexican 302 which is stronger than a regular 302 with stronger caps and it has a main stud girdle and ARP bolts through out. never had it on a dino. dont know the horse power :shrug:
WILL IT HOLD UP!

To me it would have been MUCH smarter for them to just cast the longer skirts like stock, but cast them with notches. Seems like a waste to spend all that money on castings to do that, but anyways. A mexican block would probably hold the boost well. The blocks I'm told by the same machine shop performs rockwell test on those blocks often and the actually test 20 points softer than stock blocks. So their theory is they aren't as rigid, and allow more flex without breaking. But whether it holds will mostly be on you (your tune). Guys have gone ungodly fast with an hecho in mexico. But I wouldn't try a 150 shot on 15 psi. Maybe a 50. Without an intercooler and that much boost a 50 shot will probably net you 125ish HP to the ground. Either way it's still just a stock block.