302 headers for GT40/P/E7?

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
searched to no avail.

i'm looking for a set of shorties that will fit the stock heads, gt40 heads, and the gt40p heads.

i guess i should ask: will gt40p shorty headers fit the gt40 AND e7 heads?

the plan is to get an explorer engine w/in the next few weeks, but i wanna order stuff like the headers and h-pipe right now and use them on my stock engine until work on the new engine is complete (overhaul, port/polish, etc). i can't tell if i'm gonna end up w/ a P or not, hence why i'm asking of if P headers will fit non-P heads.

thanks, gents.

• Sponsors (?)

In all seriousness, don't get shorties. Do it once and do it right and just get a set of longtubes. The power gain of shorties is squat compared to longtubes.

If I knew now what I knew when I bought headers, there's no way I would have bought shorties.

Adam

Hey Paul, seems like greenmustanggt made regular e7 shorties work on gt40p headers i believe....not positive if it was him but someone on here did. I think it took a couple 90* plug ends to make it into the tight spaces. Im pretty sure there was no intense work that had to be done. Also, i think you might have to cut down a spark plug socket to change those close plugs...although im not sure.

nmcgrawj said:
Hey Paul, seems like greenmustanggt made regular e7 shorties work on gt40p headers i believe....not positive if it was him but someone on here did. I think it took a couple 90* plug ends to make it into the tight spaces. Im pretty sure there was no intense work that had to be done. Also, i think you might have to cut down a spark plug socket to change those close plugs...although im not sure.

hmmm, sounds like i should probably try and avoid all that, hehe. thanks for the info, though, nate.

Punisher302 said:
hmmm, sounds like i should probably try and avoid all that, hehe. thanks for the info, though, nate.

With those explorer motors, i highly doubt u'll have to "settle" for a motor. There a dime a dozen so i think u would have no problems getting a gt-40p motor...so u can go ahead and get those headers. :shrug:

Tru, I bought the headers 2-3 months ago, to go along with my GT40P heads. Nacho my motor will be up for sale it ran a 13.72 last Friday on street tires the block still needs better performance parts such as..TB, Maf, Inj, Longtubes.

Kr33p said:
Tru, I bought the headers 2-3 months ago, to go along with my GT40P heads. Nacho my motor will be up for sale it ran a 13.72 last Friday on street tires the block still needs better performance parts such as..TB, Maf, Inj, Longtubes.

how much you want for the engine? i'm looking to buy now, so i have $$ in hand. you going out to the hang-out tomorrow?