302 Street Build

DevilishStang

Jul 21, 2005
I have owned two previous Gt Mustangs, one that had been lightly modified before I bought it. I just recently purchased a 1994 Mustang Gt, completely stock. It how ever has no compression on one cylinder so I am forced to tear in to it quickly. I figured why I had it apart I would rebuild it (Cam, Valves, Intake, Headers and Heads). I would appreciate any suggestions on the build, just not extremely exspensive. I have Nine hundred, and I can get a little more. I am looking for the low ened torque, seeing as how I cruise mainly town and people race from light-to-light. The faste car here is a 91' Z28 camaro, which ran a 14.4 at the track. Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

if you have about $900 to spend, that will probably only get you some decent used aluminum heads and maybe a set of gears or something....
if i were you, id maybe fix your problem (rebuild) while you have the engine out, do a cam....(your cam selection depending on what you want to do later h/i) put that cam in while you have it ripped apart. put the same heads back on, and go with some gears and some underdrive pullies and a full exhaust. :nice: that will get you in the 14's for sure

with a budget of only 900 i would look for a explorer engine from a 97+ with the GT40P heads. if you look around you can find them for 6-$700 and just swap over your distributor and cam (explorers have a different firing order)

theres a writeup around here if you search on what exactly youll need to do

urban96 said:
with a budget of only 900 i would look for a explorer engine from a 97+ with the GT40P heads. if you look around you can find them for 6-$700 and just swap over your distributor and cam (explorers have a different firing order)

theres a writeup around here if you search on what exactly youll need to do

I'd do the same. Get a explorer motor in it, maybe get some headwork done or a good cam.