302 stroked or 347

RipplyStorm

Oct 13, 2008
Ok guys I have a 1991 lx with a 302 stock motor. ( Except for the smoke converter)
I was thinking about either building a 347 from the ground up or stroking my motor to a 347.
Which do you think is the better of the two?
My engine is VERY reliable. It has never even hesitated to start. I dont want to loose that if I stroke it. Will I?
What do you think?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The question doesnt really make any sense buddy. Its either you want your "reliable" 302 or you want a 347 stroker. If you do a stroker, your gonna be puttin all new parts in it and getting alot of machine wrok a prep done. In the long run, its cheaper just to buy a brand new build 347 stroker short block.

The question doesnt really make any sense buddy. Its either you want your "reliable" 302 or you want a 347 stroker. If you do a stroker, your gonna be puttin all new parts in it and getting alot of machine wrok a prep done. In the long run, its cheaper just to buy a brand new build 347 stroker short block.

+1

a 347 IS a bored and stroked 302. i agree, if you have a good running motor, leave it and buy a 347 shortblock and build it on the side.