306 dyno results

tmoss said:
The Holley intake is not the best choice for that combo.........
i was thinking the same thing. im also going to assume that since you didnt mention it that allong with the stock maf, the throttle body is stock too. those are 2 other things that are going to hurt the numbers on the dyno. this is yet another example of a mismatched combo hurting power output.

• Sponsors (?)

TheRedBlur said:
Loose is fast is a term referring to driving style, not sloppy engine build.
Not that it matters, but check Car & Driver's long term tests. They always pick up 2 tenths of a second or more in 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile after 40k to 60k of driving. So that level of wear clearly does free up some horsepower. And I would guess that you are right that at the end of a motor's life, you probably start losing some power.

The Red Blur - You have got it twisted...go PM 25thMustang who routinely runs in those classes. Loose is less friction...we are talking thousandths of looseness, not inches. Think about it...

I am not talking about suspension, it is not related.

Tight engines eat up a bit of hp...loose engines gain a bit. It is all them little tricks...

When these guys run these cars, they aren't worried about longevity...they race them in drag racing classes.

I was talking about loose connecting rod bolts...lol.