30lb inj. h.p. rating...?

• Sponsors (?)

From what I HEARD, 36#s last until 400RWHP....and 42s are good to around 500.

Although I know of a local guy running 570RWHP on 36# injectors with a 96 or 97 cobra. I have no idea how, but he has 15 PSI on the motor.

Someone like Jstreet or randy will hopefully chime in, as they know more about that than me.

Do the math:

30 lb (injectors) X 8 (cylinders) X .85 (duty cycle)/.6 (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption; supercharged engine)= 340 HP

You can easily support 340 FLYWHEEL HP. In theory, you can support up to 400 FWHP, if you remove the .85 duty cycle, but you'll be maxing out the injectors with no safety margin.

Mel96GT said:
Do the math:

30 lb (injectors) X 8 (cylinders) X .85 (duty cycle)/.6 (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption; supercharged engine)= 340 HP

You can easily support 340 FLYWHEEL HP. In theory, you can support up to 400 FWHP, if you remove the .85 duty cycle, but you'll be maxing out the injectors with no safety margin.

That formula is a general rule of thumb, but keep in mind that it does not consider changes in fuel pressure. As the fuel pressure increases the injectors will flow more during the same duty cycle.

i wonder why saleen only put the 30's in their cars when they are advertised at 375hp....i guess im gonna have to fork out $300 more for the 42's...this modding crap aint cheep...but addicting:D

03s281sc said:
i wonder why saleen only put the 30's in their cars when they are advertised at 375hp....i guess im gonna have to fork out $300 more for the 42's...this modding crap aint cheep...but addicting:D

because they are advertising crank hp and not rwhp.