30lb inj too much???

• Sponsors (?)

95Vert said:
I haven't installed them in my car cause I've gotten mixed advice on them. I've been told that they're ok and that they're too big. My combo isn't too extreme, so I don't know. I do plan on running a bottle of ZEX soon, will I be fine with the 24lbers?
Thanks

I think you are putting down roughly 270ish rwhp.

Plus 100 dry shot is 370 rwhp.

Go here:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/performance-calculators/#disp

The max supported HP of 24 lb injectors is: 307

You are going to be about 70 hp over that.

30s will be able to support 384. This is perfect for you. I would highly recommend stepping up to 30 pound injectors.

Injectors are cheaper to buy then detonation is to fix.

Adam

95strokerPSU said:
Is that calculated by RWHP or FWHP?

To be honest with you I'm not sure.:shrug:

I think its probably rwhp though, because if it wasn't then this would be a debate about 30s vs. 36s, and people would be running way too lean on 24s with HCI combos, which isn't the case.

Its not dead nuts accurate but its as good a rule of thumb as I've found. You can search the net and find the formula used explained in detail and it makes a lot of sense.

I just feel more comfortable with hard data and math then someone's word, maybe its the engineer in me.:rolleyes:

Adam

Black95GTS said:
To be honest with you I'm not sure.:shrug:

I think its probably rwhp though, because if it wasn't then this would be a debate about 30s vs. 36s, and people would be running way too lean on 24s with HCI combos, which isn't the case.

Its not dead nuts accurate but its as good a rule of thumb as I've found. You can search the net and find the formula used explained in detail and it makes a lot of sense.

I just feel more comfortable with hard data and math then someone's word, maybe its the engineer in me.:rolleyes:

Adam

I hear ya Adam :D

Most of those places on the net I've seen in the past to help you figure inj size deal in fwhp. Been a long time since I've searched any of em up though.

You say most peeps who do h/c/i combos with 24's don't run lean.

I say most of them don't run at stock fuel pressure. They run with elevated pressures. IMHO, that is the main reason they get away with it.

Then again, not all h/c/i combos produce equal airflow also. Those with less, get by with 24's just that much better than those with better airflow.

Peeps who try and get by with no tuning are afraid they'll have issues with 30's. For the most part, I can see how one might not be able to turn down an afpr to take care of that.

When it comes to fuel & wot ... better safe :) than sorry :(

Decisions :bang: Decisions :fuss: Decisions :shrug:

We all gotta deal with em :rlaugh:

Grady

Well my brother is running for 30lb ford injectors (since there is a difference between ford and chevy, when it comes to injectors, due to the amount of psi they are tested at. So 30lb ford injectors are actually 36lb injectors if they were calculated by chevy. Sorry for just possibly confusing you) and he has them on his camaro and he is putting out 450 to the wheels N/A and then he also has a 75 shot of nitrous. Just to put it into reference.

95Vert said:
I was just worried about running rich while I'm off the NOS. I really shouldn't worry about that since I have and AFPR and the almighty TwEECer. I'll stick to the 30's I have right now. I just need to install them now.
Thanks

I forgot you could tweec :bang:

By all means ............

Put them bad boys on and sleep good at night with no worries :nice:

Don't forget to return your fuel pressure to stock value ;)

then

Tune to perfection :banana:

Grady