31 Spline ABS question(attn.Paul-Killer)

S/CBlack95GT

Apr 6, 2003
Tampa Palms, FL
I got my Moser 31 spline axles today. The axles have the collars pressed on, but they forgot to include the actual ABS rings(those gear-like rings). Can the old ABS rings be pressed off the old axles and installed on the new ones without a problem? Should I call my Ford dealer and order new ones? Paul, I remember you said they pressed the old rings onto your new axles, so I was wondering how much of a pain it is. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the old ABS rings can be pressed off the old axles and onto the new. However, they can be boogered up quite easily and are very easy to screw up. Are they worth replacing? Well, that is up to you. I believe they are something like 40 bucks a piece.

Joe

S/CBlack95GT said:
I ordered my axles from CFM and they had the ABS rings for $32 a pair. The guy said all the ABS stuff was on the axles, but only the ABS ring mounting collars are. No wonder the axles were $30 cheaper than I expected :nonono:
Hmm, I could have sworn they are much more expensive than that. Maybe I'm thinking that because that Ford's price is about 40 bucks each. Maybe I'm thinking of the sensors themselves :shrug:. Oh well. Hopefully everything comes together good for ya.

Joe

Shaun, I bought new ones from ford for around $15/piece I think. The guy I had press them on actually screwed up my brand new ones so we pressed the stock ones off and put them on my new axles... all is fine now but I did waste my money buying the new ones.