31 Spline diff questions

Im afraid this winter, its time to dump some money into the rear end considering i've got one wheel peel out the ass. I'm pretty sure im gonna get Superior 31 spline axles, an FRPP 31 spline diff, and 3.73 gears. Heres my question...is there a big difference between a 31 spline traclock diff out of an explorer or truck, and the FRPP unit? I've found them used on ebay and corral for $100 and under, and i's just wondering if its worth it, or if theres any better choices. This is somewhat of a budget build as i have to get a new radiator too, and i dont have a lotta cash, but i dont wana just rebuild the stock one because im gonna keep racing a lot. Thanks guys:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

To answer you question...YES. You can use T-locs that are 31 spline from Ford's truck 8.8" rearends.

I was considering Power Trax locker Part# PWT-92-0688-3127. Another SNer has it and seemed to really like the ease of install and durability. It replaces the spyder gears and clutch packs of the T-loc with a ratchet type locker. No need to setup the rearend clearances because you never remove the bearings off the carrier.