31 spline moser axles

kramer03gt

Apr 4, 2005
madison, WI
hey guys i happen to have a quick and maybe retared question :rolleyes:, i was doing some searching on the forums and have noticed alot of talk about 31 spline axles.. what are the advantages of this over what a stock gt has? when do you want to use these? are they just for straighline drag racing or can they be used in a daily driver?.. i guess im just trying to get a little more info on what this is all about..

Thanks again for all the help and insight.

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

kramer03gt said:
hey guys i happen to have a quick and maybe retared question :rolleyes:, i was doing some searching on the forums and have noticed alot of talk about 31 spline axles.. what are the advantages of this over what a stock gt has? when do you want to use these? are they just for straighline drag racing or can they be used in a daily driver?.. i guess im just trying to get a little more info on what this is all about..

Thanks again for all the help and insight.

Steve

The stock axles are 28 spline, so 31 spline axles will make your rear end stronger. Most people upgrade to 31 spline axles/differential when they use drag radials or slicks at the track. The stock axles/diff won't last long with drag radials or slicks. Many people uprage the rear end after supercharging and plan to run at the track frequently.

the98stang said:
Many people uprage the rear end after supercharging and plan to run at the track frequently.

Or like me, upgrade before the blower because of my tendency to break chit.:rlaugh::D

Slicks on stock axles is like russian roulette with your rear end. You might get away with a few launches, but it takes only one good one to snap the rear.

Like said they are to lower the chances of having an axle break. If sticky tires are in your future they are a good idea. Also remeber you'll need to change the diff too, one reason so many people go 31spline is you cna get the tlock's at real affordable prices.
BTW I ran last season with BFG Dr's, ET streets and spraying outta the hole on the stock 28 spline stuff, I have just upgraded a few weeks back to Moser 31splines and a 31 spline tlock.

Go with the 31 spline axles. You will have to upgrade your carrier though.

Pics of 31 spline Moser's

Moser%20Axles.jpg

31 splines at the end

Moser31Spline.jpg

Attachments

• Moser%20Axles.jpg
    Moser%20Axles.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Moser31Spline.jpg
    Moser31Spline.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 98