315/35/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

315/35/20 these are the tires Im thinking of going with on my 20" rims. Will I be clear up front or do I have to go smaller in the front say 295? I see alot of staggered and offsets on here. Let me know your thoughts on this. I know I can call tire places but I wanted someone with experience with these cars and similar set up to reply before I go to the "experts". Thanks in advance

Banger

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW, my 245/40/18 tires on my 18x9 FR500's rubbed my brake line. I had to relocate it so that it wouldn't touch anymore. I'd think 295 or 315's would definitely be an issue here... they'll probably rub somewhere. It will also be difficult to find anyone on this site that will know for sure, because most of the SN-95 crowd installs 17" or 18" wheels and they typically don't exceed 9" in width on the front end.

Wow 18" wheels rubbing doesnt sound very encouraging.
I saw a guy on here with 315/17 and the car looks super cool.
Im going with 20's but i still wanted nice width on the tires.

315/17 up front?

FWIW, many have no issues running 315 tires in the rear. I have 285/35's in the rear on my 18x10's and they have plenty of clearance. I think it will be difficult for you to run tires that wide in the front though simply because there isn't much room up there. If you had enough back-spacing on the wheels you may get away with it but then the wheel/tire would stick out from the fenderwell. Any reason you don't want to stick with a 9" wheel up front and just run a 265 tire?

I had 275's up front and 295 out back. Had rubbing issues up front and back. Up front I put in rack stops which took care of the rubbing and out back I removed the quads which took care of the rear. You're going with 20" rims? I have to ask like Noobz, why? Post a pic if you can of the rims.

:cool:

6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg

Attachments

• 6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg
    6346670070_bdee5e3130.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 1 user
I had 275's up front and 295 out back. Had rubbing issues up front and back. Up front I put in rack stops which took care of the rubbing and out back I removed the quads which took care of the rear. You're going with 20" rims? I have to ask like Noobz, why? Post a pic if you can of the rims.

Its just what I like. I dont mind 18's for a Mustang. I think they look kool. But I also think 20's look cool and I happen to have a crispy set to go right on the car. To me 20's arent that big. New cars come off the lot with them now a days. Ill try to take pics tonight of the rims I have and post.

:nice: here is a nice pic showing off my 18" FR500's... may as well whore it up ;)

Stang.jpg

NICE WHEELS. CRISPY.
What r your tire sizes front and back??

Attachments

• Stang.jpg
    Stang.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 123
VERY COOL
R those 2.5 or 3 " exhaust?

Video of it at idle with the exhaust and custom cam.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0446.mp4

Video just tooling around.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0442.mp4

When I switched to a 347 Stroker I got crazy with the exhaust. Wanted to use all of the CNC'd AFR 185's exhaust ports and Systemax II Intake I could.

MAC 1-3/4" Ceramic Long Tubes w/ 3" Collector
MAC 3" Prochamber
MAC 3" Cat back w/ 3" Chrome Tips.

I'd post a pic of each piece but I don't want to take over your thread. Always, Always buy ceramic coated headers. They never discolored, they looked brand new all the time.

Video of it at idle with the exhaust and custom cam.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0446.mp4

Video just tooling around.
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/jpjr50/?action=view&current=CIMG0442.mp4

When I switched to a 347 Stroker I got crazy with the exhaust. Wanted to use all of the CNC'd AFR 185's exhaust ports and Systemax II Intake I could.

MAC 1-3/4" Ceramic Long Tubes w/ 3" Collector
MAC 3" Prochamber
MAC 3" Cat back w/ 3" Chrome Tips.

I'd post a pic of each piece but I don't want to take over your thread. Always, Always buy ceramic coated headers. They never discolored, they looked brand new all the time.

OOOO WEEEee that car is got damn running.
Sounding very very nice. :nice:
I have brand new stainless JBA headers so Im good to go there for now.
But I will keep the ceramic part in mind as I upgrade and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.