331 1969 mustang build!!

John Grunwald

Jan 19, 2012
Hey everyone!! I was looking for some more advice on my build...
So here it is:
331 stroker all forged internals with a 40 over block
190cc procomp heads that had quite a bit of work done
10.5 cr
600 Holley (1460)
Headers
Weiland intake
Rolling thunder cam (.576 int and .584 exh give or take a few)
Msd
3200 tci street fighter converter
3.73 posi (8.8 out of 92' explorer)
Rev limited at 6500
With the right tune it should push about 400hp

Now here are my questions...
What would be good jet size for my carb? I have 61's in there at the moment
I have a problem sticking the power.. My friend said to try calvert racings' mono spring shocks and caltracs. Any1 have any experience with them? Any other companies? My limit on the rear is around 900 and from the design it looks like it's basically a 4-link.. Might be wrong though didn't take a good look.
And lastly, how well does a rachet shifter work on a c4? I've heard bad

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone!! I was looking for some more advice on my build...
So here it is:
331 stroker all forged internals with a 40 over block
190cc procomp heads that had quite a bit of work done
10.5 cr
600 Holley (1460)
Headers
Weiland intake
Rolling thunder cam (.576 int and .584 exh give or take a few)
Msd
3200 tci street fighter converter
3.73 posi (8.8 out of 92' explorer)
Rev limited at 6500
With the right tune it should push about 400hp

Now here are my questions...
What would be good jet size for my carb? I have 61's in there at the moment
I have a problem sticking the power.. My friend said to try calvert racings' mono spring shocks and caltracs. Any1 have any experience with them? Any other companies? My limit on the rear is around 900 and from the design it looks like it's basically a 4-link.. Might be wrong though didn't take a good look.
And lastly, how well does a rachet shifter work on a c4? I've heard bad
jet size will have to be dertermined by how you drive the car . drive it the way you intend to, shut it off and check the spark plug.a white porcelin is to lean. black is usualy to rich. you want a tan look . change jets for proper readings.

i have always liked the Quick silver shifter.

Jetting has more to do with altitude. Talk to a carb expert and if he is any good, he will ask about the build and what altitude above sea level you will be driving it at. I did a 344 cu in motor very simular to your build.. Ended up with only 9.2 compression and it made 465 HP with 650 carb. Tried going bigger on the dyno but 650 was best. I will say that a 750 only gave up 2 HP so pretty much a wash. Your 331 should make 450 HP easy if tuned right. I would make the investment in a engine dyno tune session as you can find any leaks before you put the engine in the car. You will also know you have the tune correct and you get bragging rights with the paper to back it up.
I have the 750 for sale if interested. Only used for the dyno session. PM me if you want details