331 or 347??

SuperCavy

Founding Member
May 14, 2001
Beaman, Iowa
i just picked up a straight clean 90 notchback, problem being when you pay for 8cylinders and only get 7 that tends to be a problem. so i've decided to build a stroker only problem is which one to go with the 331 or 347? the car is gonna mostly be a daily driver weekend track machine so drivabilty and dependablity are a must. i got a set of stage2 ported trick flow twisted wedges that are gonna top but i need a good bottom end to go with it. so what are your guys recommendations? what works and what doesn't is basically what i need to know. thanks alot for any and all help

• Sponsors (?)

This topic has been debated a lot. Please do a search and lets not let this thread turn into a huge debate.

Ive got a 347 with about 1400 miles and it is running fine. I would say pick which ever number sounds good to you. I would recommend CHP for a good bottom end.

Clay

This is too much of an opinionated answer and along with it will never come the same answer. The only true answer to the best dependabilty/least complications is to go with a stock setup.

For me, i'de go with a 331 though (again, preference/opinion).

This topic has been debated eleventy billion times. Search the forums and youd be surprised what you'd find.

BTW if anyone tells you that the agressive stroke on a 347 will ruin your engine in no time....

Companies like CHP have offeset wrist pins to circumvent this problem.