331 stroker I just bought

91fiveohnotch

Apr 8, 2011
hey guys i bought a 331 stroker friday night, didnt know too much about it and i ran some part #'s turns out its got canfield 192's, moroso 7qt pan, brand new roller rockers, brand new valves and springs and Ford racing valve covers.

• Sponsors (?)

RPM 2, holley systemax, or a trick flow R series will work well. what do the ports on the intake measure? you could probably find a used one for a decent price

Make sure you have a TKO waiting if that fool gives you a driving lesson!

Fool huh? :nonono:

Call Nate when you need to put your motor in next time, see if he'll get under your car and almost catch your oil pan in his face! lol...

And besides, you didnt even have your Man Card Permit until I started teachin you how to drive!!

Yeah, we gotta find out what it has for a cam..

If you knew what he paid for it, you'd know it wasnt very ballsy, but a wise investment!!
He could get back his money in scrap steal if nothing else!! LOL...

Fool huh? :nonono:

Call Nate when you need to put your motor in next time, see if he'll get under your car and almost catch your oil pan in his face! lol...

And besides, you didnt even have your Man Card Permit until I started teachin you how to drive!!

Oh you a rearry funny guy now, i was trying to drop the pan on your face, i need a spare TKO so i can see how the 2.87 first works with my 4.30's :D

Haha, pretty ballsy buying a motor without knowing what parts is has! Canfields are supposed to be really good heads, but I don't know a lot about them other than that.

Put it this way, if he bought a intake new, he would probably spend more than on that whole motor.

well spill the beans then already....

and the performer II I had was a piece of crap poor quality casting

I vote for the TFS R

FWIW, I was not super impressed with the "aesthetic" casting quality of my new TFS-R. The "o" in the "Trick Flow" letters on top of the intake actually has a rough patch where the aluminum either didn't fill the mold completely or the mold itself was flawed. I'm going to cover it up with paint, but still, it's rough.

From a functional standpoint though, I don't think there is any other intake out there that will out flow a TFS-R, especially the 90mm version. I've heard you can port the lower to get insane flow numbers, too.

i stole that motor for $600! haha wasnt much of a gamble for me knowingi could make my money on the heads alone.

Ive got a guy with a Trick flow street heat for 300. what do you guys think? and what about 30# injectors and a 190 lph pump

measure the ports first and see where they are at before you buy an intake, like jesse said, figeure out what cam is in the motor. If you need a hand checking stuff out i'd be glad to help

yea im deffinitly going to need some help. Im probobly going to get everything second hand. No use in wasting money on new parts that do the same thing

Haha, you'll say that until something breaks or you realize something has been broken all along, and there is no warranty, no tech support, and it costs hundreds of dollars in machine work to fix it.

Don't get me wrong, I love buying used parts when I can, but there is definitely a certain amount of luck involved when running used stuff. But $600 for that whole engine, I'm thinking you've already got some luck going for ya!

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, so don't get me wrong! I'm curious to see what you do with this engine. Good luck! :nice: