342 Afr 205 And I Need Help!!!!

What RPM are you spinning this thing to? I would hope at least 7500 rpm if not more. Also C-16 is the best fuel to use with Nitrous. 110 or 114 not really made for Nitrous use. Nitrous is an accelerant and thus wants to burn ultra fast, t0 fast for the burn characteristics of the 110 or 114 octane fuels. Also how much timing is being pulled out of the engine when on the juice? How much timing are you running when not using the Nitrous?

• Sponsors (?)

What RPM are you spinning this thing to? I would hope at least 7500 rpm if not more. Also C-16 is the best fuel to use with Nitrous. 110 or 114 not really made for Nitrous use. Nitrous is an accelerant and thus wants to burn ultra fast, t0 fast for the burn characteristics of the 110 or 114 octane fuels. Also how much timing is being pulled out of the engine when on the juice? How much timing are you running when not using the Nitrous?

no its not... :cool:

Dont laugh, I had my shift light set at 6500, i lowered it 6200. Im not sure about full timing but i know it it set up to retard 2 degrees for every 50 hp i spray. It wont hurt the car to shift it at 7500?

my buddies 347 with my rhs 215s and a little smaller cam than yours was still pulling at 8k rpm. if you want something off the shelf comp xr274r pn 35-770-8 would be a good choice. install it dot to dot.

I will check the cam out. If i wanted to get a custom grind who would you recommend i consult. Please dont say dss lol. And turning the car to 7500 should really improve it. I cant wait until i can get this done and get to the track. I got a race the last sun in june so im trying to get all the bugs worked out before then. I was even thinking about going with the cam i had when i was running the afr 185 heads . I still got the heads and cam. I got to check the specs on it and compare it to your recommendation. I just want to say thank all of you for the help. Joining this site is turning out to be a great move. Great group of guys and great info.

Reactions: 1 user
So I should be running c23 with my small block?

No. with the cam you have you don't need c16, let alone c23. and, you cant mix either those. once you change the cam to something more appropriate, if you are only gonna run about a 150 shot a mix of good 93 (like shell) and c12 will be fine. with a 300 shot pure c12 will be more than fine, and cheaper than pure c16. that thing doesn't have enough cylinder pressure to run the 117+ octane stuff. call vp and get their recommendation.

Reactions: 1 user
My goal with my setup is to run 5.90 to 6.10 in the 1/8 on nitrous. With the 185 heads was a 6.40 this is with a 275 shot of nitrous. Is this achievable, and what changes should i make to get there

Well that tells you how out of touch I am.......when did the C-23 come out? I was using the C-16 back in 01/02 and it worked great then.

Not sure how long I know for at least 6 years or so.

As for running it on your car. I'd think its a waste of money for your motor. It's about 25 bucks a gallon. We run it since we are running about 14:1 and about 6-650 between both kits

Not sure how long I know for at least 6 years or so.

As for running it on your car. I'd think its a waste of money for your motor. It's about 25 bucks a gallon. We run it since we are running about 14:1 and about 6-650 between both kits
How about some c44 on motor D...never tried it with n2o though its too low octane

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

My goal with my setup is to run 5.90 to 6.10 in the 1/8 on nitrous. With the 185 heads was a 6.40 this is with a 275 shot of nitrous. Is this achievable, and what changes should i make to get there

I don't see any reason with the right cam and a change in converter it wouldn't run 6.60s-6.70s on motor and low 6s on the gas. my buddies high compression 347 went 6.40s at 105 on motor. a lot of this is in the converter. a 275 shot is a lot of nitrous.

Ok that is the best thing i have read so far lol. What cam and converter changes do you thing i will need to make to get to my goals. A 6.60-6.70 on motor and low 6's on motor would be awesome

How about some c44 on motor D...never tried it with n2o though its too low octane

from what i can find about it it WAS about 98 octane leaded fuel... but it doesnt seem like VP makes it any more. i am pretty curious to see how the C85 does up against true pump E85 or even a home brewed E85 with something like a C12 for a base fuel

I really don't think that should be a problem with your setup just have to get it dialed in right.

What's the old can specs? I'd like a little wider LSA.

My current converter is a ptc 8" converter with a 3500 stall. I am totally willing to purchase a new cam and converter to get those type of numbers. I cant find the spec sheet for the old cam. I got to see if i can find any numbers on it.